Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Entry programme now available for UK travellers

Global Entry programme now available for UK travellers

This just posted today on the embassy web site. I shall certainly be enrolling.

http://london.usembassy.gov/mobile/ukpapress162.html
    Tonish

Very interesting! I too will be looking in to this, anything that gets us through customs quicker!!
    Diane.

What is this ?
    Gerry and Sue

I have no idea what the Global Entry Program(me) is, but I love that in the press release there is a biography of each person quoted in the article.
    Dave.

Florida Chatterbox
    Wonder if there will be a minimum number ov visits per year to qualify. In the video there was reference to 4 visits per year but I don't know if that was just a generalisation or specific to the programme.

The sytem is designed for frequent travellers. Sounds like they will be charging for the privilige so maybe anyone can opt for it. Presume you will need a clean record to comply. As for speeding things up I have never found the UK system any faster during busy times. My travelling partners always beat me through the regular queue!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurel Oak View Post
    Wonder if there will be a minimum number ov visits per year to qualify. In the video there was reference to 4 visits per year but I don't know if that was just a generalisation or specific to the programme.

Interesting to read about TSA pre expedited screening. I was chosen, presumably at random, for the second leg of our journey yesterday. It was printed on my boarding card and when I got to security at Newark I was given a card to say I did not need to remove shoes, coat, etc nor liquids from my hand luggage. Hubby did not get the same treatment []

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Interesting to read about TSA pre expedited screening. I was chosen, presumably at random, for the second leg of our journey yesterday. It was printed on my boarding card and when I got to security at Newark I was given a card to say I did not need to remove shoes, coat, etc nor liquids from my hand luggage. Hubby did not get the same treatment []
    And the randomness so often defeats the benefit when you're traveling with others who aren't chosen. This summer I was in line in front of a family whose 8 year old had been pre-approved but his mum and dad hadn't! Any number of pleas by his parents to join him fell on deaf ears so, inevitably, they received no benefit whatsoever.

I think I heard something recently about pre-clearance being introduced at some UK airports (Manchester?). That would be a massive plus and, judging from my recent money saving trips to the US starting in Dublin, I think better than any Global Entry benefits.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    The sytem is designed for frequent travellers. Sounds like they will be charging for the privilige so maybe anyone can opt for it. Presume you will need a clean record to comply. As for speeding things up I have never found the UK system any faster during busy times. My travelling partners always beat me through the regular queue!
    It says it is £42 for the UK code clearance and then $100 for a 5 year trusted traveller permit so even a twice a year visit only works out to $10 a trip (same as paying for Downtown checkin with Virgin and probably saves a whole lot of time.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Another money making scheme:-(

Paying that for a family of 5/6 gets expensive rather quickly, just to save some time at customs (of which there is no guarantee).

Its like Universal charging for the Express Passes.... Oh, wait a minute;-);-)
    mike