Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Just home from our 5th Orlando holiday

Just home from our 5th Orlando holiday

Had another great time in Florida. Wife & I, both daughters ( 22 & 28 ), eldest daughter’s bf & a couple who were with us last year. We had a villa in Clermont and hired 2 cars, I had a 7 seater Dodge minivan and our friend chose the Kia SUV. It allowed us to all go together in the 7 seater or split up if required.
    Didn’t really want to do a lot of parks this time as both my wife and friend had leg operations recently so were limited to the amount of walking they were able to do. It was my eldest and her bf’s first time in Florida so had to try and balance their visit with ours .
    We decided to get the 3 park ticket for Busch Gardens, Seaworld & Aquatica and also booked a hotel in Miami for 2 nights since none of us have been.
    So first week we crammed in a trip to Busch gardens, Seaworld & Aquatica and trips to the malls.
    2nd week , Monday packed a few things and drove to Miami Beach with the 7 seater. Nice little hotel one street off Ocean Drive . Our youngest is an apprentice Tattoo Artist so was dying to see the Miami Ink studio from the TV series which was the street behind the hotel. To our surprise two Artists from the TV series were actually in the shop tattooing which we were told is pretty rare, so after a couple of pic’s with my daughter that was a great start to our mini trip. Was hot but pretty windy, very nice cars & a good few “plastic” poeple if you know what I mean !
    Back up the road to Orlando, Wife , friends and eldest wanted to go to The Magic Kingdom (none of us has ever been to a Disney park), while the rest of us went to Gatorland which we enjoyed more by the sound of it.
    Well that’s about it apart from overloading our cases with shopping.

First ever trip report so be gentle .

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Great stuff! Thanks for sharing.
    Mike

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Great report and personally I would have gone for 2 cars as well so taht you could do different things.

Glad you had such a good time

Sandra
    Sandra

Well done on your Trip report, I love reading about holidays! Can I please ask which hotel did you stay in, in Miami? We are going in March and I have yet to book the Hotel, would you recommend it?

Thanks

Diane.
    Diane.

Thank’s, The hotel was called The Odyssey Of South Beach, was small but very nice inside. Only downside was the room didn’t have a view , apart from that it was just what we needed for the 2 nights . It is a street back from the beach & Ocean Drive.

When I said “was small” I meant the hotel was small, the rooms were quite big and very nice .
    Last edited by trupial; 30-10-2015 at 12:38.

Florida Chatterbox

Just home from our 5th Orlando holiday

My daughter stayed in Miami this year and stayed in a hotel called "The Hotel on Southbeach". It was on ocean drive and just across the road to a private section of beach with reserved loungers for all guests. she said it was not a huge hotel more boutique but very well positioned and decorated. By comparison it was not expensive she said.

Thanks for the posts, Ill investigate!
    Diane.

Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    Well done on your Trip report, I love reading about holidays! Can I please ask which hotel did you stay in, in Miami? We are going in March and I have yet to book the Hotel, would you recommend it?

Thanks

Diane.
    Try and have a look at the AVALON HOTEL it's on Ocean Drive great location and good rates, we have stayed 3 times at this hotel.

Regards,

Mark.

Thank you for your trip report. I love reading trip reports!!!

This is why I like this site, twice I have booked hotels suggested by other members and both times they were spot on, I also took advice for booking condos on the gulf and again it was superb. Thanks for sharing.
    Diane.