Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Increase in parking charges

Florida Expert

Increase in parking charges

Just to warn you, as from 7 October parking at Universal went up from $17 to $20 per car. This is a 17.5% increase in one day!

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Just to warn you, as from 7 October parking at Universal went up from $17 to $20 per car. This is a 17.5% increase in one day!
    "Concidentally" they were raised the day after Disney raised theirs to $20 a day
    Babblin Boo

I think this is really over the top. I know they have a captive market and can charge what they like. The park ticket price is enough but to add this too ! I am just glad the new change to the weekday FR annual pass now includes parking so we will be able to go to the Disney parks for just a couple of hours in the evenings with out having to pay $20 every time.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I think this is really over the top. I know they have a captive market and can charge what they like. The park ticket price is enough but to add this too ! I am just glad the new change to the weekday FR annual pass now includes parking so we will be able to go to the Disney parks for just a couple of hours in the evenings with out having to pay $20 every time.

Sue
    Me too. They are really good value and with the Fastpass plus it is easier to get on the rides you want when going later in the day whichhelps spread the attendance levels at the park for Disney (aren't we kind?
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    I think they are all getting very greedy!!

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    Not to sure about "getting" to greedy.

Big companies "are" to greedy.

Sure the parent companies make ££££, but, when I think the amount of staff, trams, security, its all tarmac, etc, etc they all have to be paid for.

I've paid more to park my car in the UK on unmade council car parks for years & when you see the amount of glass (from broken windows) laying around, I know which I prefer.

That said, I get Annual Passes so it doesn't affect me;-);-)
    mike