Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Manny's coming to 192!

Brilliant news just hope the atmosphere and food is the same quality, the advantage of Haines city is that it attracts a lot of locals and not as many visitors though over the years it has attracted more visitors but I always think the locals add to the atmosphere.
    Val

We went on the 28th of December.

First and foremost - the food is excellent!

Atmosphere - I liked it, Mrs MTP preferred the original. It feels more roomy inside and is a much bigger space, perhaps, though, this is where she felt the atmosphere was slightly lacking.

Wait service - I called ahead, 4.25 pm, told there was currently no wait, we were 20 minutes away and we put our name on the list. When we arrived at 4.45 pm we were told it would be half an hour ... okay ... we're used to waiting, even with calling ahead, however it turned out to be more like an hour. They have an outside bar, but it wasn't serving, the bar staff from inside came out to take drinks orders, etc, so that was good. Just don't tell me half an hour if it's going to be an hour.

We were seated, good server. Drinks sorted, food ordered - starters and mains (we had a voucher for starters for signing up to their e-mail list).

The salad and rolls came, I asked for the salad to be tossed - oops - we'd forgotten there were eggs in it, not an issue for me, but the rest of the family don't like eggs. Not an issue, they would get an egg free salad.

Then it went slightly wrong, our entrees arrived.

We asked about the salad and appetizers. A bit embarrassment and apologies, it got sorted and they then arrived. The waiter apologised and said that he'd take care of it. When the bill came, we weren't charged.

All in all, excellent food, good service, some teething problems ... but we'll definitely be back!
    Euan

Florida Junior
    We arrived at the Manny's at about 5.30pm last Thursday to be told there was a 90 minute wait. Went over to the Orlando Ale house instead.
    Went to the Haines City Manny's on the Friday......... 30 minute wait! Food fabulous as always.

Florida Expert
    Very disappointing, probably our worst and most expensive meal on holiday.

Miller's Ale House which we hadn't been that enamoured with before was much better and cheaper.

Olive Garden still our favourite though.

wrpac00
    Atmosphere nothing like the mannys down the 27 also food not as good IMO.

Florida Newbie
    No ribs no Coconut shrimp (can you believe that?) my steak was terrible, tough as old boots.. Carla the waitress was lovely so we stayed, wished we hadn't bothered.

A few days later we went back to the real McCoy and immediately all was well with the world, Skip, the Maitre D was on, the big bearded barman recognised us too, the food was exquisite and yet again I found myself singing along in the gents (Detroit Spinners this time)., even the music is fab.

Manny’s On the 27 just outside Haines City has been a favourite of ours for many years - really good quality food, cheap, great atmosphere. Went tonight for the first time in 18 months and it was terrible. It’s just become another tourist rubbish quality place. We won’t be back. It’s a real pity, but I guess everything changes over time.
    Tonish