Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Delta charges

Delta charges

We have an up coming trip flying indirect. All booked via Virgin but using Delta for the second leg from Atlanta to Orlando. The Delta site says one case is $25 for internal US flights. Will our flight count as internal or part of our flight from London ? i.e. will we have to pay for our cases when we re-check them in at Atlanta after immigration and customs ?

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

We have never flown with Delta, but other carriers who usually charge for bags have never charged us for the onward journey.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    No, as an international passenger you will not be charged for you checked baggage; we have often flown Delta but it is the same with all US carriers, so long as you are on a through ticket which yours will be.
    If you booked the flts independently then yes there would be a charge for your checked baggage.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I can confirm there is no charge for the onward leg. Last year we stopped for 4 nights in New York and we didn't even have to pay for the onward leg then. We still use Delta and make sure we are definitely on a delta plane rather than a Virgin one, so much better in my opinion.
    Christine

Thanks good to know.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Newbie
    I am also looking to,do the Virgin/Delta thing via Atlanta next year - I know Virgin allow a set of golf clubs on their flights but I'm wondering if there would be any charge from Delta for either of their legs of the flight. Does anyone have any experience of this ?

I'm pretty certain that Delta also allows a set of golf clubs.

Florida Newbie
    OK thanks for that. Looks like I'll be going direct with Virgin now so shouldn't be a problem hopefully.