Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: has anyone recently picked up a vehicle from Alamo at Miami MIA airport ?

Florida Junior

has anyone recently picked up a vehicle from Alamo at Miami MIA airport ?

Hi All

if so what what the service like ?

In about 5 weeks time I will be arriving on the Virgin VS005 then collecting and dropping off an Alamo Intermediate car from there

I have checked in online and have the paperwork with bar code on it, so will go straight to cars.

Florida Chatterbox

Yes we collected from alamo at miami on Sunday. we had done the online check in which allows you to use the auto machines not go straight to the garage. after collection of the paperwork you go down in lift to floor 1 and make way to the garage. you will be met at the door and they will check your paperwork then direct you to where your vehicle type is stored and you are free to choose. hope you have more choice than us as we had only 2 to choose from.
    Don't know if you have collected from miami before but in the airport you need to follow the mia mover signs and get on the monorail to the rental centre. Probably because it was Sunday afternoon there were no huge lines and was quite quiet. As far as I am aware you will not be able to avoid the toll roads around the airport and there are no paybooths so you will have to drive through and charge will go to your credit card.

Have a good break.
    Last edited by vickk; 26-08-2015 at 13:51.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    As far as I am aware you will not be able to avoid the toll roads around the airport and there are no paybooths so you will have to drive through and charge will go to your credit card.

Have a good break.
    It is very simple to avoid toll roads in the Miami area if you use the US27 to head to and from Orlando. Head out of the airport; turn right onto the 953 which is Le Jeune go straight over at the traffic lights and then take the ramp left onto the US27 and keep going.

Florida Chatterbox

sorry Jill I should have explained we were leaving miami to go to Marco Island on the west coast using the us 41.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Is there now a toll between the car rental and US41 as we always take this route but it has been awhile and there were no tolls as we too used to take Le Jeune and then turned left which took you straight to 41.