Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selfie camera sticks

Selfie camera sticks

Just heard on the radio that Disney World are banning the use of 'Selfie' camera sticks on rides. Not sure if this is for safety reasons or so they can charge for photographs at the end of the ride!
    Maureen Green

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I would imagine for safety reasons they would not want potentially long poles sticking out of the ride as it goes round, especially on the faster rides.

Hopefully, this allowed - Is an advert but nowt to do with villas & lots to do with selfie sticks !!
    Moderators, please delete if inapropriate...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=1fmQs37YqXg

I certainly hope so, thee days people are really inconsiderate of others in the ambition of getting a selfie. There is time and a place but during a show, ride or concert is not the place. It just gets in others peoples way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Green View Post
    Just heard on the radio that Disney World are banning the use of 'Selfie' camera sticks on rides. Not sure if this is for safety reasons or so they can charge for photographs at the end of the ride!

Quite agree Martin. We were watching the Changing of the Guard at the tomb of the unknown soldier at Arlington Cemetery recently when an idiot was intent on taking a photo of himself with the Guards in the background instead of thinking about why this ceremony was taking place.
    Maureen Green

There is also a n increase in the number of people using tablets as cameras or to take video - as these are so much larger that a camera they block the view of those around.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

These sticks are a "curse".I first saw them in Rome last Nov. and they were everywhere.....blocking the view of everyone else. Surely they are dangerous ?

Florida Junior
    The Louvre in Paris also ban them as they fear for the life of Mona Lisa !

Quote Originally Posted by msmiff View Post
    Hopefully, this allowed - Is an advert but nowt to do with villas & lots to do with selfie sticks !!
    Moderators, please delete if inapropriate...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=1fmQs37YqXg

That is just fantastic, thank you for making me laugh so much. That's going to certain members of my family right now.
    Dave.

My sons partner was berating him for forgetting the selfie stick when they stood watching another couple taking a picture of themselves in front of Cinderellas castle ( what's wrong with asking a passer by?) "don't you wish you'd remembered yours?" She said. "No" he replied as the other couples camera phone slipped from its housing and smashed into dozens of pieces on the floor![:O]

Liz