Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toll Charge 4 months after we got back

Florida Savvy
    Gerry - I understood that you had to provide a registration number for the transponder? Is this not the case?
    Thanks

Eagle Pointe, Florida, & Swanland, East Yorkshire
    Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post
    Gerry - I understood that you had to provide a registration number for the transponder? Is this not the case?
    Thanks
    Yes you can re the hire car but the transponder still works as long as it is fitted. When we arrive in Fliorida I always go through a cash one to make sure the transponder is functioning ok and the light goes green.

Once I get to the Villa I set up the registration number and number of days we have the hire car.
    Graham

Quote Originally Posted by No Shoes View Post
    Thanks
    We put the transponder up before we leave the airport and as has been said, check that the first drive through toll booth goes green with the message "thank you go sun pass". As long as the transponder is working, the registration number is not important, the number is only used as a back up system if the transponder is not picked up by the booth reader. We go online to our sunpass account when we get to the villa (or the next day) and put all the car details and length of rental in (again as a back up)- you can back date it a day or so to the time and date you took the car, and then any tolls for that car, in that period will be charged to your account. You can also see on line any tolls you have gone through so you can check that the ones from the airport have been charged to your transponder. You can also add funds to your account on line. You do need to get the correct transponder, it says on the packet that it is transferable from car to car, and then set up an online account.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 09-07-2015 at 19:25.
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    If you have a mobile on the 3 network your UK minutes and data is available in the US so you can put your car details in once you have chosen it on the sunpass app on your phone before leaving the car park. I will certainly do this myself now as dont think the first toll registered on our last trip in May.
    Lesley