Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fastpass +

Florida Expert

Fastpass +

On our last visit to Florida we didn't visit Disney, choosing to visit Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens for a change.

We plan to visit Disney next time and notice there is now Fastpass+

Has this totally replaced the old Fastpass system altogether?

It is a upgrade to the Fastpass system, so yes it has surpassed the original version. You can sign up and get full details at mydisneyexperience.com

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    On our last visit to Florida we didn't visit Disney, choosing to visit Universal, SeaWorld and Busch Gardens for a change.

We plan to visit Disney next time and notice there is now Fastpass+

Has this totally replaced the old Fastpass system altogether?
    It's much better in my opinion. I was sat in MacDonalds in the UK at 6am the other morning, (as you do when you have to go to work that early) sorting out some plans for when we go at the end of April. It give you options for times as well rather than just the old one hour slot, it is still a one hour slot but for instance, we have work to do on our home so have chosen later slots from late afternoon into evening which mean we can get to the park late and stil go on the rides we want. You can book up to 7 days worth of passes up to 30 days before (60 if youu are staying in a Disney hotel) and each day you can choose 3 Fastpass+ , if you want to change them it is easy to do. Once in the park and you have used you Fastpasses you can book another at a time.
    Babblin Boo

The other advantage with FastPass+ is there's now less of a need to arrive at the park as soon as it opens. With the old FP system, you'd have to get to a park as soon as it opened to make sure you could ride the attractions you most wanted to see. Now, you can pre-book them in advance for whatever time you feel comfortable arriving at the park. Steph provided a classic example in the post above.

I mean, seriously, who wants to set an alarm to wake up on vacation?!
    Tony G

Not so good if like us, you can't get your tickets until you arrive in Orlando (we need to show our proof of Florida residence and therefore can not get them on line, also won't allow you to pay with a UK card on line if getting FR tickets - I have tried !). That means we can't book any rides in advance and we hope some will still be left to book when we have our new annual tickets.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Not so good if like us, you can't get your tickets until you arrive in Orlando (we need to show our proof of Florida residence and therefore can not get them on line, also won't allow you to pay with a UK card on line if getting FR tickets - I have tried !). That means we can't book any rides in advance and we hope some will still be left to book when we have our new annual tickets.

Sue
    Sue When you get your tickets, you ill probably find it pays to go to one of the Guest services at Downtown Disney (we usually go to the one near Arribas the glass makers as it is indoors). We bought the seasonal weekday passes and they were able to book some of the fastpasses for us. We had to wait a few days for our magic bands to arrive but were able to use the tickets straight away. We may have the same in December. In reality we still have a better chance of getting slots han previously where it was dependant on youu being physically in the park to get Fastpasses and then only one at a time. If we went to the park later in the day we knew we would only get on the rides if we waited for quite a long time.
    Babblin Boo

Thanks for the advise. We are planing go to DTD to get them next week. We also want the weekday only tickets and I read on line that they were ticket, not wrist band, but that may have been out of date. I would like to have wrist band as those are so much easier to use. If you have to wait for the wrist band, do they post them to your Florida address or do you have to pick them up ?
    This will be the first time we have bought annual Disney tickets, we have always bought the non expiry/ multi visit tickets before. When we renew next year, do we have to collect them and show residence evidence again and if so do they hold them if you are going to be there for a few months ?
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Thanks for the advise. We are planing go to DTD to get them next week. We also want the weekday only tickets and I read on line that they were ticket, not wrist band, but that may have been out of date. I would like to have wrist band as those are so much easier to use. If you have to wait for the wrist band, do they post them to your Florida address or do you have to pick them up ?
    This will be the first time we have bought annual Disney tickets, we have always bought the non expiry/ multi visit tickets before. When we renew next year, do we have to collect them and show residence evidence again and if so do they hold them if you are going to be there for a few months ?
    Ours came with the free magic band but they also gave us tickets so we could use them before we got the bands which arrived at our Florida home a few days later. They send out the whole package even though that pass doesnt include shopping discounts etc so you have to ignore some of it. We havent renewed ours yet and probably won't this trip they run out on 1st May which ives us 6 days after we arrive which is more than enough for us. As we won't be going till December, I am at the moment thinking we won't renew them but just buy new ones in December, the renewal saves around $50 each for the 2 of us but since we lose 7 months validiy it will be better for us to get them in December, which will then cover us for 3 trips Dec, May and Dec if we time it right. These have also done us 3 trips so worked out well. So can't help with the renewal doc but Ii do know you can get the renewal discount up to 30 days after they axpire.

The tickets are valid immediately you buy them so if you had to wait for delivery would lose a few days use of them, you do also need to keep them just in case you lose the bands as well, I think they make it much more convenient as it saves getting passes out at each machine
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    I'd plan to get my tickets from attraction world in the UK as I get a 20% discount from them.
    Pretty sure you don't get actual tickets though, you get an e-mailed confirmation to use when collecting from Guest Services (well that's how it worked for Universal Studios when I bought them off them anyway).

Am I right in saying I couldn't book Fast pass + without the actual tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    Am I right in saying I couldn't book Fast pass + without the actual tickets?
    Yes, you either need the code on the back of the physical ticket, or a Disney reference number for print@home tickets.

That's one of the advantages of using the Park Tickets website (as shown on the top of this forum) - they deliver cheaply to the UK, so you can have your tickets in time for you to book your FastPasses.
    Tony G