Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fastpass +

Just an update on the week day residents tickets - we got ours today at DTD. They told us that our mortgage statement was not valid proof of residence (I know the web site says it is) but the utility bill I also took was fine so I didn't argue. We were given plastic tickets and told we needed to order the wrist bands on line (complimentary) and they may take two weeks to arrive by mail. I have a book showing all the discounts.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

We want to get annual passes this time but have a problem as we cannot get mail at our florida address as its STR. Can we collect the magic bands does anyone know ?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by canarypam View Post
    We want to get annual passes this time but have a problem as we cannot get mail at our florida address as its STR. Can we collect the magic bands does anyone know ?
    Ours were posted to our house despite it being an str, I thought it was not legal for the Post Office not to deliver mail that is addressed to you personally at he house? You could ask at Guest services if they will have them delivered there for you to pick up, or would your mc not take delivery of them for you? We were told you couldn't have them directly , I don't really see why they houldn't be able to because if you go into the shop and buy your own band Guest services can link it up directl, but it seems they have to send them out (you could say you aren't worried about them being personalised (they have your name on the inside).
    Babblin Boo

We are also STR but have a post box in the front garden (like most US homes) so have post delivered regularly. I think you do need a box before they will deliver to you. Our road association put matching boxes in the front of all the houses, STR and residential a couple of years ago and we have had mail ever since - also if you put the arm up they collect mail (guests post cards etc) from the box.
    Try going on line to USPS and seeing if you can put a "hold" on your mail for the two or three weeks before your arrival and then they will deliver mail when you arrive - that sort of starts deliveries, it works for us, I do it every time we come. It also means we can order stuff in the couple of weeks before we come and know it will not arrive before we get to the villa.

Sue

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    We are also STR but have a post box in the front garden (like most US homes) so have post delivered regularly. I think you do need a box before they will deliver to you. Our road association put matching boxes in the front of all the houses, STR and residential a couple of years ago and we have had mail ever since - also if you put the arm up they collect mail (guests post cards etc) from the box.
    Try going on line to USPS and seeing if you can put a "hold" on your mail for the two or three weeks before your arrival and then they will deliver mail when you arrive - that sort of starts deliveries, it works for us, I do it every time we come. It also means we can order stuff in the couple of weeks before we come and know it will not arrive before we get to the villa.

Sue

Sue
    Sue
    I asked my postlady once how they decide if to deliver, and she told me that if the mailbox is emptied then they will deliver but if it is inspected by her bosses and any mail in there is more than 3 weeks old , she could be fired, which seems a bit unfair if she has done her job. She said what she does is when the mailbox has mail collected from it she puts a single small piece of tape across it and then if she notices the house seems to be unoccupied she puts another across it to denote not to deliver to it then. We always have the Red Plum paper with coupons whis is addressed to us no matter when we go so we do know the mailbox gets used regularly. The thing with the Disney wristbands though (which was a bit annoying) is that they weren't sent by regular mail but UPS or Fedex as they were left on our doorstep rather than in the mailbox, luckily they weren't taken by anybody, we sometimes come home and find parcels have been delivered and left on the doorstep, I guess we have been lucky that none have gone missing.
    Babblin Boo

Our MC empties our mail box when he does pre-arrival checks so it is emptied every couple of weeks, and we also ask guests to check it and throw junk mail away.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue