Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Using Air Miles

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester

Using Air Miles

I have read on here in the past that the best use for air miles was for an upgrade so I have just looked on BA for fights for next January. Flying out economy and returning PE was coming out at £1492.12 + air miles for two people. When I checked how much it would cost not using air miles it came in at £1464.12 that is £28 cheaper than using air miles how can that make sense.
    Lyn

Did you do it online or did you actually speak to someone, you often get totally different offers if you speak to an operator.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    The reason why they are so close is that only the high full fare Economy fares are upgradeable so what you're seeing is a discount fare when you use cash alone but a full fare when you opt to upgrade. The best use of Avios is an upgrade from WT+ to Club because all WT+ fares are upgradeable so the most effective option is to buy the cash fare and upgrade the WT+ segment to Club (if there's availability of course).

As you probably know, there are so very big changes coming to Avios on 28 April when the upgrade miles will be much higher and the whole scheme will look significantly worse for most people. I'd advise booking/upgrading before that date if you possibly can because you'll be protected on the current rates that way.

Part of the reason I booked my 2016 trip so early was to secure my last haul of points in the old scheme.
    Tony G