Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typing/Delay Issues

Gold 5 Star Member

Typing/Delay Issues

John - When I type a post as a reply to a thread I get a progressively increasing delay for each letter that I type. To the point where after a couple of paragraphs the forum software starts to drop characters.

Is there anything set wrong with the background spell check or anything that could be screwing things up?

It also won't accept a Post request to copy in a reply from a clipboard.

Platform: W7 + IE11
    Steve

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'm not sure to be honest Steve as it's instant for me. I can copy / paste text too instantly. The forum software does not have a spell check or anything running that would slow you down.

Could you try a different browser e.g. Chrome to see if that is any different please?

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    I get this as well sometimes, it is happening now as I type.
    Then another time it works fine. My daughter thought it was my antivirus working against each other as I had somehow put two on, as it is really bad now it can't be that. I am hitting each key twice to get the letters up.

Mary

Are you using a wireless keyboard? I had similar problems about a year ago, I changed the batteries and things then became better.

Strange thing was that it was not all the time so it may have been another problem that was fixed by a MS monthly patch.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Gold 5 Star Member
    Hi John,

I should have added to my first post - I already tried this in Firefox to do some troubleshooting and Firefox is fine.

I've just done a bit more troubleshooting for you.

If I switch the site to IE11 Compatibility Mode it seems to run fine.

So I think it's something that the forums software is doing that IE11 doesn't like.

It might be worth dropping a ticket in with vBulletin to see if this is already something known or something they might want to patch in the next release.
    Steve

Happens to me too sometimes, just thought there was something wrong with my laptop !!
    Wendy

Happens to me all the time too.
    Especially now as I have started a new paragraph
    Jan and Lee

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    It's an issue with the mess that is IE11. Why the heck you have to switch on 'compatibility' mode to get sites that work in all other browsers and are valid HTML to work I'll never know. Surely compatibility should be automatically on as I can't see any valid reason why it would not be.

I've tried something that *might* work, if you want to exit IE completely and then go back in.

I'm having the same problem today... didn't realize immediately and typed some weird gibberish... thought my English had suddenly gone down the drain... I really need to practice more :-)
    I have all sorts of weird behavior of the page: I can't scroll up and down, it seems to have a life of its own. Annoying.

I have just come across this thread after having problems posting my last message. Its now working fine but before it was awful, long delay after I typed each letter, is it a system fault??

Diane
    Diane.