Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car delivery , is it possible

Florida Junior

Cool car delivery , is it possible

good morning everyone
    i think i have just thought of a great idea lol
    we fly to orlando in march , and our car hire is with dollar
    don't really enjoy flying , and the prospect of not having a couple of drinks on the flight is a bit , well , hard to think about , but i was thinking , maybe if we visited the car hire on arrival , could we either get them to drive us in the hire car then pay for a taxi back for the driver , or has anyone ever had the car delivered say the following morning
    we are staying on international drive

any thoughts , much appreciated
    thanks so much sharon

Gold 5 Star Member
    Why not just get a taxi/tranport from the airport with your luggage on arrival and then arrange to pick the car up from an International Drive location. Some of them may collect from local hotel (not sure about Dollar (or get the Iride trolley to the car hire. You can change the car hire to collect there and return to the airport.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    thats great , can i do that on arrival , just pop into the dollar office to arrange do you think , ? many thanks that would work great

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by louisbourg View Post
    thats great , can i do that on arrival , just pop into the dollar office to arrange do you think , ? many thanks that would work great
    I wouldnt risk doing it on arrival after your long flight. If you go to wherever you hired your car from (if it is from UScarhire I know their service is very good and you email them and ask to change the location for pick up you should be able to organise your transport before you go. If you are going for say 2/3 weeks, then it may also pay you to change the start date to the day after your arrival so that your rental will actually finish the day after your departure (there won't be any penalty for taking it back early, but it does mean on your last day if you have a late flight home you don't have to have the car back so early and spend many hours at the airport.

The next question I'm sure will be options for taxis/transport from airport I know a few people have more up to date info than me on local firms but will have a look. Just make sure youu tell them how many are in your party so they know the size vehicle to send to include luggage etc.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Junior
    just found out that dollar have a car office at the hotel we are staying at , so hopefully will be able to sort it from the airport when we get there , if not taxi from airport to hotel and then back again next morning

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    That's good news. The best thing to do would be to book the car the day after you arrive for pickup at the hotel and drop off back at the airport when you are going home and then when you arrive in Orlando just get a taxi from the airport to the hotel.

I think you have not already booked your car hire? If not, if you go to our sister site www.floridahirecar.com and run a quote with the locations you need, it will show Dollar in the results and you can go on to book at sone great prices from there.

Alternatively, if you let us know the hotel you are staying at, it may be that an Alamo depot is within walking distance so you could choose Alamo as your car hire supplier if you preferred. The above link will also give you Alamo options where appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by louisbourg View Post
    just found out that dollar have a car office at the hotel we are staying at , so hopefully will be able to sort it from the airport when we get there , if not taxi from airport to hotel and then back again next morning

Florida Chatterbox
    We book two cars now, both pick ups from airport as O/H doesn't want to wait until 10am to pick up car next day. His car we take back to Alamo on 192, as we're able to drop off luggage at downtown disney we only need one car to take us back to airport.

You can book the car to pick up at your hotel as it's a Dollar rental site, it will cheaper from this site than booking with Dollar direct. Everythings included so no hidden extras. If you have time then I recommend you enrol with Dollar Express, it can save time when picking up car as your details will be pre-registered.

Have a look at Mears buses, it may be cheaper than a taxi. It's been a few years since I used them when we stayed in a hotel/motel. Your hotel may even do a transfer service from airport.

Florida Chatterbox

car delivery , is it possible

I would never leave arrangements until I arrived

Florida Junior
    everything is already booked , our car hire is with dollar , but we are having a week cruise in between a four night stay orlando on arrival and a 3 night on return , so when i saw that the car hire was with dollar , and that there was a depot at our actual hotel on I.D i called the cruise company that we have booked eveything through , to ask about changing the collection point of the car from the airport (then we would just jump in a taxi to the hotel ) to our hotel and collect there , but she said it wasnt possible to change that , so i was just going to go to car hire when we arrive at the airport , and if we can sort it great ...if not , taxi from airport to hotel ...... then taxi back to airport next morning from the hotel xx not worrying , nothing that wont get sorted im sure , there is only me and hubby , so not a problem

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Did you book everything on one deal with a travel agent. This sounds like they don't want to change it or have no idea how to. As the car hire companies are only to happy to change things around. We have always booked via the carhire on here and one time I completely forgot I was gong into sanford the one time instead of the usual MCO and booked it from MCO, a quick email to uscarhire and within a few hours it was all sorted and it was only 24 hours before I was due to fly.
    CERI