Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Help with Canceled Order

Florida Newbie

Help with Canceled Order

I hope someone can help.

I have been using the site to hire cars for many years and this year is no different. i paid my balance and used the voucher to use the save at time on Alamo's site. I then used the Check in Online. It logged me fine but when it didn't let me complete the check in, I came out of the site but it canceled my order.

I thought it would not be a problem for US Car hire to issue me with a new voucher, I was wrong. I have been told that a refund has been requested and I need to order again. That would not be an issue but the price has went up from £350 to £390.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I know they don't say anything about check in online but there is no warning not too or have a system in place that the order numbers do not allow you to log in.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We only ever say to use the Save Time feature on Alamo's website and give the link for it to customers to avoid confusion. We never mention Check In Online as I've personally never heard of it, but am not involved in the day to day car hire admin. I know Roulla has already replied to you by email about it though.

When you make an order with us, it gets created live on Alamo's system too, so you can access the order using Alamo's website as well as our own. If you cancel it on Alamo's website then there really is nothing we can do to resurrect it as it's out of our hands I'm afraid.

If you ask Roulla by email, we can try raising this with Alamo to see if there is anything that can be done, but I suspect there won't be. It's got to be worth trying though.

We'd love to be able to re-instate it at the price you booked at but we can't as Alamo don't allow re-instatement of cancelled orders and insist you make a new order. The problem being they have put their prices up in the meantime and so the new booking has to be at the new price.

We've never had a customer do this before as I think Roulla has said to you. I really wish there was something we can do but as you can see there really isn't, unless Roulla can get Alamo to agree to sort it out their end (which as I've mentioned above is unlikely).

Florida Newbie
    I totally understand that there is no mention of the check in online and Roulla has been very prompt in her emails. She has said all that you have said about no one else having this issue. I do feel that it should be looked into because of the issue. I have asked Roulla if there is anything else that can be done.

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigs View Post
    I hope someone can help.

I have been using the site to hire cars for many years and this year is no different. i paid my balance and used the voucher to use the save at time on Alamo's site. I then used the Check in Online. It logged me fine but when it didn't let me complete the check in, I came out of the site but it canceled my order.

I thought it would not be a problem for US Car hire to issue me with a new voucher, I was wrong. I have been told that a refund has been requested and I need to order again. That would not be an issue but the price has went up from £350 to £390.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I know they don't say anything about check in online but there is no warning not too or have a system in place that the order numbers do not allow you to log in.
    Can I ask what day you did this on.

This happened to me last week. Although I am booked this time through a TA who uses a car hire broker.
    I had ALAMO savetime no problems. Attempted the online checkin / straight to garage. This failed and kicked me out the site. I thought nothing of it until I got an email 2 minutes later with a cancellation ref number
    Instantly called ALAMO , who wouldn't do anything. Had a worrying few days as my hire had gone up £200 since booking.

TA got broker ( flexible autos ) to intervene and it was sorted out with a fresh booking at no cost to me.

On another USA forum I happened to talk to another guy by chance that it happened to on the same night as me. He was also booked via flexible car hire.

Florida Newbie
    This happened on Sunday. To be fair to Roulla and the guys they are trying to sort out the issue with Alamo. Waiting on a reply so fingers crossed.

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigs View Post
    This happened on Sunday. To be fair to Roulla and the guys they are trying to sort out the issue with Alamo. Waiting on a reply so fingers crossed.
    Hope it gets sorted out for you.

I received a fresh voucher yesterday, so all credit to my TA who sorted it out for me.