Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: New ESTA questions

New ESTA questions

Just had a reminder that my ESTA expires in March. Just as well really as we travel on Weds and will not return until after its expiration.
    I was interested to see the amount of extra information that is now required, parents names, employer etc, all to do with trying to identify links to terrorism of course.
    One thing however, that I was delighted to see is that they have now got rid of the very woolly question regarding "crimes involving moral turpitude" that has caused so much debate on this forum. It is now clearer and says simply "have you ever been arrested for an offense or crime that resulted in serious damage to property, or serious harm to another person or government authority; or ever violated any law related to possessing, using or distributing illegal drugs."

This is much clearer and presumably now excludes the driving offences, minor property damage.....I think someone said they had been convicted of criminal damage for defacing a park bench, shoplifting, drunk and disorderly, not having a TV licence etc etc?
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 08-02-2015 at 13:35.

Liz

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    I thought it only had to be valid on your date of entry
    Christine

Quite possibly, but I thought I would do it now whilst I remember.

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    It must be valid for your date of entry. Ours ran out 2/2/15 so we didn't renew but as sister was flying later on 1/2/15 she wanted hers renewed.

It's only needed for entry into US.

We did get a reminder though.

Florida Chatterbox
    just trying to fill out the new ESTA form and its asking me for a name at the point of contact as well as the address is this the villa owners name
    kym

Florida Chatterbox

New ESTA questions

Not sure but if it has a ? next to the question and you click it then it may say you can put unknown

Yes, as Vickk said, for a contact name in the US, 'UNKNOWN' is an acceptable answer.
    Tony G