Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Being charged for second driver when supposed to be included

Florida Junior

Being charged for second driver when supposed to be included

I have paid in full for my car reservation, received my voucher and tried to sign up for Alamo save time.

Despite the voucher saying an additional driver was free, Alamo want to charge me $10.99 a day for one additional driver so I removed myself and just left my husband as the single main driver.

I then called Alamo reservations and spoke to 'Pauline' in India who said I cannot use this scheme/kiosk because I have a voucher reservation.

I told her I have been told by flexible car hire allowed to use save time but she was adamant, went off and spoke to someone and came back with a 'no you can't do this.'

Please advise on these issues ..... Many Thanks

Florida Chatterbox
    I always book my car through this site and receive a voucher. I have then registered with Alamo Save Time without any difficulty and never been charged for additional drivers.

Super Moderator
    I think when I used this service last year it listed second driver as $10.99 per day but when I got to the end the final total then reverted to nil as I was also worried about being charged for a second driver. I used Alamo Save Time and was able to go straight to the garage.

If you spoke to a person in a call centre in India it was probably someone who did not know what she/he was talking about.

Florida Chatterbox

I can confirm what Laurel and Jill are saying.

Florida Junior
    So I went back onto Save Time after reading the posts above, added myself, confirmed , and the full extra driver charge is now on there. It did not revert to nil.

I have gone back to the save time and I couldn't remove myself, and the full $10.99 a day charge was on the reservation.

So I have now made another telephone call to 'John' in the central reservations in India who has taken me off as an additional driver as he confirms there is no free additional driver, its $10.99 a day.

I have copied and pasted the text from my voucher below which states additional driver is free

Rental includes Unlimited mileage
    CDW (Collision Damage Waiver)
    $1 Million Liability Cover
    Sales Tax
    State Tax
    Airport Fees
    CFC (Subject to location)
    Mechanical Assistance
    Additional Driver : One free additional driver included in rental

I think I will have to wait for someone from UScar hire to resolve.....
    Last edited by noodler; 30-01-2015 at 10:50.

Florida Chatterbox

I am sure if you contact us car hire they will sort this no problem for you

Florida Chatterbox

I think the problem is you re added yourself at alamo site

Florida Junior
    I followed the instructions on the link on the voucher US car hire sent to me to register to use the Alamo kiosk.

I did not directly go to the Alamo website independently.

YOU ARE ENTITLED TO USE THE ALAMO KIOSK PROVIDED YOU HAVE SIGNED UP FOR 'SAVE TIME' IN ADVANCE. YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE YOU FULLY COMPLETE THIS SIGN-UP AND RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION EMAIL FROM ALAMO. SHOULD YOU HAVE ANY DIFFICULTY USING THE KIOSK, PLEASE SEE AN ALAMO STAFF MEMBER AND POINT OUT THAT THIS RENTAL ALLOWS US AND NON US RESIDENTS USE OF THE KIOSK.

The words "SIGNED UP FOR 'SAVE TIME' " are blue on the emailed voucher which means you click on them to be taken to the appropriate page.

If someone who has hired a car from here can tell me how to add myself as the additional driver, and be able to use Save Time I would be very grateful.

In the meantime I will directly email UScarhire
    Last edited by noodler; 30-01-2015 at 11:35.

Contact Roger here and it will be sorted..quickly

Florida Chatterbox

I think now you will need US car hire to sort it. When you followed the link to alamo save time you had the 2nd driver included free at that time even though alamo was showing a charge. At that time you took yourself of as you didn't want to pay extra.

I think at this stage if you had left it on there would have been no charge. Once you took it off and then read our comments you went back on to alamo save time to add the 2nd driver but because you were on alamo they charged their normal rate as they don't offer a free 2nd driver which is part of the package agreed with US . I am sure Roger or Roulla will sort it for you.

I know when you move from the voucher situation to alamo save time things can look confusing but with US you will always get what you are entitled to.