Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Being charged for second driver when supposed to be included

Florida Junior
    Thanks Vickk for your help. When I made the initial booking it was in my husbands name. The booking was for Silver Inclusive which is for 2 drivers.

There was no requirement to add additional drivers name at the time of making the reservation so I wasn't named on anything. So when I went to the 'save time' link via the voucher I intended to provide my husbands licence info and also my own.

I followed the link and went to the 'Save Time page and entering the confirmation details it immediately brought up my husbands name, hire dates, car type and pick up location. It did not make any mention of any other driver, There was only the main drivers name there. It did not say there is an additional driver 'free' please add their details also if you want to.

To provide my details I went to 'add driver', and then it suggested a charge. I exited out without confirming but after I posts 2 3 and 4 above I went back and added myself which is when it added the charge.

I contacted the call centre to be removed after seeing this charge because I wanted to get this situation resolved prior to my trip. The reason I wanted to do the 'save time' was because I didn't want to be queuing at a rental desk sorting things out with a clerk. I want to get things straight before I go so with tired kids we can just get on our way promptly after a long flight. I do not want to be faced with a drawn out issue as my two experiences on the telephone with Alamo this morning haven't given me much confidence.

I do have trust issues and I always check the small print as I had an experience of Alamo overcharging me previously when I had booked Gold but upon my return to the UK they had charged me for a full tank of fuel.

I have emailed uscarhire and I am reassured by my past hires with them and the help they have given to other forum members that this should be able to be resolved.

If uscarhire give me the advice that I should add myself now, see the charge, but that it will be automatically removed at the point of picking up the car I will feel reassured.

You need to email uscarhire and they will sort it out for you.

Administrator
    It's a quirk of the system that although the second driver is free of charge if you book our Silver Inclusive option, the Save Time screen shows a charge for it, due on collection. You will find on collection of the car that you will not be charged. For extra peace of mind, even in the event you are charged, then we would most certainly arrange a refund of the extra driver charge.

As Alamo staff are not used to an agent having the extra driver option, nor use of the kiosk, calling Alamo will often result in you getting inaccurate information as the staff will usually just tell you the 'typical' answer to your question.

Florida Junior
    Thank you for confirming Roger. I will add myself back on.

Florida Chatterbox
    Roger, When this thread was started I clearly remember my booking last year showing a daily charge when I added the 2nd driver however after registration for save time was confirmed the total showed $0. My daughter has just done the save time registration for her booking while at my house and I noticed it was different than last year as she got a pop up window saying if she continued then the additional charge would be charged on return of the vehicle not collection and the total charge was shown at the bottom. The US carhire voucher clearly shows 1 free additional driver.

I know you say the charge will not be made but will this be shown as zero when the machine prints the details out at the airport at the start of the booking or will it be when she returns the car. If it is the latter then from my experience the people booking the cars back in are not aware of booking conditions or prepared to enter into a discussion about it.
    Last edited by vickk; 08-03-2015 at 20:08.

Administrator
    Any charges are indeed made on return of the car, but provided you booked the Silver Inclusive option, and your voucher confirms the inclusion of the second driver, regardless of whether the Save Time or Kiosk mention a fee, you will not be charged for the second driver.

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Roger, When this thread was started I clearly remember my booking last year showing a daily charge when I added the 2nd driver however after registration for save time was confirmed the total showed $0. My daughter has just done the save time registration for her booking while at my house and I noticed it was different than last year as she got a pop up window saying if she continued then the additional charge would be charged on return of the vehicle not collection and the total charge was shown at the bottom. The US carhire voucher clearly shows 1 free additional driver.

I know you say the charge will not be made but will this be shown as zero when the machine prints the details out at the airport at the start of the booking or will it be when she returns the car. If it is the latter then from my experience the people booking the cars back in are not aware of booking conditions or prepared to enter into a discussion about it.

Florida Chatterbox

Being charged for second driver when supposed to be included

Thanks Roger

Hi

Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    Thanks Roger
    Just wondered if you were charged for a second driver in the end?

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by Heather Johnson View Post
    Just wondered if you were charged for a second driver in the end?
    long delay on the answer (sorry) no she was not charged as Roger said it all went fine.