Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time to Disneyland - ticket advice please

First time to Disneyland - ticket advice please

Hi All
    My family and I are coming to Orlando in May 2016, 5 adults and 2 children who will be almost 5 and 7 at the time of arrival. We are staying in a villa booked via this site and are staying for 2 weeks. Visiting the parks will play a big part of the trip however im sure we would want a day of rest over the break. Any park ticket advice would be so gratefuly received as the information is overwhelming. The children are 2 little girls who love princesses! We realise we probably can't do it all but what would be best for our first experience. The adults are grandparents in their early 60's, parents of the children and auntie all early 30's.
    Thank you in advance
    debbie

We can certainly help you there. For a first visit I would stick to the staple parks Disney, Universal and Sea World. Do you want waterparks? If so lots of them or just one. Don't get roped into the 14 days unlimited access to everything.

Hi Debbie,
    you will want more than one rest day, believe me. Aim for a Park Day followed by a non-park day (pool, shops, bit of each). So 7 days for the parks would give you the 4 Disneys, both Universal and Sea World (for example).
    5 and 7 year old girls may not get too much out of the Universal parks (I am prepared to be shot down by differing opinions here), but they will ADORE the Disney parks. Epcot will satisfy your whole party, as I believe the Frozen Princesses reside there, and there are attractions for all the adults too. Actually, all four Disney parks are fantastic for your party.

Keep asking the questions, we love to help!
    Dave.

I would certainly agree to the every other day approach for the Parks. I also agree that the Universal Parks are not that good for a 5 and 7 year old - they used to be but most of the rides now have height restrictions and consequently a little too scary for youngsters. Just my opinion of course, but I always advise not to overdo the ticket buying - there just isn't time to make full use of all the various Parks 14 day unlimited options. Save a bit of money and use it when you go shopping!!!

Have a great time!

Florida Chatterbox

First time to Disneyland - ticket advice please

I have to say we did disney, epcot, seaworld and both universals in 4 consecutive days in 2013 and we were absolutely shattered in the heat of august. would not do it again and it took most of the remaining 10 days relaxing on the gulf to get over it. only bonus to come out of it was that its the only time in florida I have lost weight.

Universals my favourite but as the others have said they might not be so good for the younger ones. maybe consider animal kingdom and mgm studios.

if the girls love princesses then the Disney parks need to be your focal point, especially Magic Kingdom. You might want to consider the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique for a princess makeover, there are two locations, one is within MK and you will require park entry for this, the second is within the Disney Store in Downtown Disney and does not require a park ticket. Book early as it is very, popular. The grandparents will get a huge thrill out of it, I know I did[msnsmile2]

Liz

Thank you so much to all of you for taking the time to reply. I appreciate so much any advice you can give me. Very interesting tip about universal maybe not being suitable for the girls ages thank you. Sounds like the 4 Disney parks are a must and they very much want to be princesses for a day so I'll look at that thank you Liz.
    Is Seaworld good for the whole family? If Epcot is where Frozen is we will most definitely have to do that the girls are Frozen mad thanks Dave.
    Martin I think the girls most definitely would enjoy a waterpark is there a particular one more suitable for there age group?
    I most definitely agree we won't need 14 day ticket we would like to do some shopping, my dad and brother would like to go and play golf. And as we have booked one of these lovely villas a day by the pool will be nice as a family.
    thank you all again keep the advice coming it's brilliant
    Deb

I have to agree with everything said. I went with our grandchildren in 2011 and two of them were about that age. My son wanted to do every park some of them twice plus Legoland, Busch gardens and The Kennedy Space Centre. We were there for three weeks and it meant most days we were doing a park of some description, some involved firework displays which meant late evenings. It was very tiring. My wife and I were lucky enough to go out on our own the following year.

So I would keep to the main Disney parks and perhaps if a couple of adults want to do Kennedy or such they could do it when the rest have a pool day.

We always get our park tickets from this site (see banner at top) and always get a good deal.

Have a good time planning. It's all part of the magic.

Keith
    Keith

I agree that you definitely need rest days so perhaps concentrate on the main Disney parks, Sea World and a water park. The two weeks will go quick so try to fit in some days for just relaxing and enjoying your villa pool etc;
    Linda

If you are going to a waterpark then I would definitely choose one of the Disney ones for your age groups. Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach, everyone has their favourite, our 7 year old grand daughter preferred Blizzard Beach but would still have returned to Typhoon Lagoon quite happily, they both have their own unique charm.

if the girls are interested in being princesses for the day you might find the following articles that I wrote for the Orlando Villas Florida Guide useful.

http://www.park-tickets.com/florida-...-boutique.aspx

http://www.park-tickets.com/florida-...ence-pt-1.aspx

http://www.park-tickets.com/florida-...ence-pt-2.aspx
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 08-02-2015 at 13:05.

Liz