Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: City Walk and Downtown?

Florida Junior

Question City Walk and Downtown?

Last time we were over we had young kids so the closest to a night out we got was some music, pool lights and a drink.
    Next year however, no kids, so we are planning on visiting city walk and downtown for a couple of "grown up" nights out.

Is there a dress code for the bars and clubs in these places?
    I've noticed some of the tickets in "Orlando park tickets" include city walk, is it not free to get in anyway?

Thanks in advance guys!

The trouble with City Walk is that it shares the parking for the theme parks, so there's a charge for it. I'm sure at one point the parking used to be free if you arrived in the evening, but I understand that's no longer the case.

Downtown Disney has free parking, so you don't have the cost, but it can be difficult to find a spot sometimes, although this is soon going to be remedied by a multi-storey car park coming soon.

As for the dress code, I've not been to City Walk in the evening recently, but I've spent plenty of evenings at Downtown Disney and there everyone has always been in standard theme park attire.

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Its $5 after 6pm and I believe it is free after 10pm.
    Christine

I have a feeling much of Downtown Disney will be closed during the re building of the area.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Not sure but I think bigblue is talking about Downtown Orlando, there are a number of bars and clubs still around. Although I think it is a very young scene now. Got a glimpse of it about 2 years ago when we went to a concert at the Amway centre. Buzzing was the word. Funny how drunk people look to sober people.

City Walk itself is free, although many of the clubs in Citywalk will have a door cover fee. You can get a Citywalk pass.
    CERI

Quote Originally Posted by CERICROWLEY View Post
    Not sure but I think bigblue is talking about Downtown Orlando
    Goodness, you're right! Funny how the mind sees what it wants to see, right?!

As soon as I saw the word 'downtown', I immediately appended the 'Disney'.

There is a charge for the City Walk night clubs. Some of our tickets allow access to the clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigblue35 View Post
    Last time we were over we had young kids so the closest to a night out we got was some music, pool lights and a drink.
    Next year however, no kids, so we are planning on visiting city walk and downtown for a couple of "grown up" nights out.

Is there a dress code for the bars and clubs in these places?
    I've noticed some of the tickets in "Orlando park tickets" include city walk, is it not free to get in anyway?

Thanks in advance guys!

Florida Junior
    Sorry I did mean Downtown Disney, I'm like you, I just added Disney in my mind and thought everyone else would!
    So is it getting a refurb next year?
    Parking will not be a problem, leaving the car at the villa, going to get a taxi, extra cost I know but that way we can both have a drink or two.

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Pleasure Island is all but closed down. (refurbing into restaurants) All the usual clubs that were 21 and over are shut. There are a few places you can go and drink etc. Paradiso 37, (tequila house restaurant) House of Blues,(Soul restaurant) Raglan Road,(Irish bar and Restaurant) Splitsville,(Bowling and restaurant) Bongo's (cuban bar and restaurant) McGuffins (AMC bar and restaurant) Planet Hollywood

If you want an over 21 place, then The Boardwalk is the place, they have two over 21 bar and club. Jelly Rolls, and Atlantic Dance Hall
    CERI

Florida Junior
    Not that bothered about clubs to be honest, thinking about starting with cirque and then house of blues. Having said that, where is the Boardwalk is it near downtown disney?