Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Shopping & golf 2015 paperwork & packing

Florida Chatterbox

Smile Shopping & golf 2015 paperwork & packing

How quickly time flies, 4 more sleeps and we'll heading towards Gatwick for our annual trip to Florida.

We've been married 18 years and I wouldn't accept his proposal until he agreed to honeymoon in Florida. It wasn't an easy holiday to book as he was convinced that something terrible was going to happen after reading all the negative press. I had to book a hotel which had a shuttle bus to Disney as he didn't want to hire a car. I compromised by booking a car for the second week and using Mears shuttle buses to take us to and from airport for week 1.

We went back twice more in that year, both times we hired villas and car which I had to drive.

We've been every year, at first we did the parks but now husband plays golf weather permitting. We're both retired and we stay for 4 weeks.

We used to go out in November but now we go in winter. The golfer wasn't too keen on changing months until he played with a couple of snow birds from Michigan who are there each year from late December to March. He now has his own hire car so we can both do our own thing during the day.

ALAMO SAVE TIME

Last week registered his booking but the bar code wasn't on printout. I have got an old printer HP1210 and some things do and don't print with barcode. It did print last year though.
    I forwarded our emails to niece and used her computer/printer. So if anyone else has a similar problem, or if you lose the printout you can register again.

Note - we have bought a wireless printer but someone broke it! Loathe to buy another one whilst old faithful is still working.

Spent yesterday packing, just our clothes to add on Thursday!

Husband is constantly checking weather report and has found the local newschannel on laptop. Me, I'm more concerned with can we get to Gatwick.

Zena

Have a great time in Florida - I envy you getting away from this cold weather!!

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    What a lovely outcome, after all these years still enjoying Florida.

Lucky you getting four weeks of hopefully good sunshine, enjoy your trip.

Mary

Zena, you've just made a lot of people (myself included) on this forum very jealous!

Have a great time, I look forward to reading the rest of your report... Especially arrival day, which is always my favourite.
    Tony G