Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guidance on renting a condo in Orlando

Florida Newbie

Guidance on renting a condo in Orlando

I will be in Orlando from May 7th to June 2nd along with my boys 12 & 13. I am contemplating on two things. Should I get a condo right now and check into it directly on the 7th or should I check into a hotel for a couple days and then look for a condo while I am there and then move into the condo. Ultimately I want to get into a condo. The other question is, if I come and start looking for condos, would good condos be available in such a short notice? I am not looking for a resort type, since the 28 days I am there, I will be on the move, visiting the theme parks and doing a lot of things, so a resort with golf and such are not my requirement. I prefer a condo with 2 bed rooms, and 2 bath rooms, with a washer/dryer, preferably with a private swimming pool. Private Pool is not mandatory, but it would be nice if there is one.

I am not sure what prices should I expect, but anything around $60 to $80 per night is my budget. I stayed in a condo back in 2002 and the condo was nice. BUt the company that I booked through then is no longer in business now.

IF I could get a few recommendations on the condos, that will be great. I am looking for a non-smoking, 2BR/2BA condo preferably with a private pool.

Another thing which is important is, it should have Free Wi-Fi. Thanks so much

Sunny

Florida Newbie
    While I am at it, I thought I should post this too, so I can make the most of my trip. This is my plan while I am there.

9 – Magic Kingdom – 9 AM to 2 AM
    10 – Animal Kingdom – 8 AM – 7 PM
    11 – Disney Hollywood – 9 AM to 1030 PM
    12 – Epcot – 8 AM to 9 PM
    13 – Islands of Adventure 9 AM to 7 PM
    14 – Kennedy Space Center – 9 AM to 6 PM
    15 – Epcot World show case 11 AM to 11 PM. Is this different from the one I plan to visit on the 12th?
    16 – Sea World – 9 AM to 8 PM
    17 – Discovery Cove – Have to book an appointment. Have not done it yet
    18 – Leaving to Toronto
    19 – African lion safari in Canada
    20 – Niagara Falls
    21 – Toronto city tour and then return to Orlando by 11 45 PM
    22 – No plans yet
    23 – Busch Gardens – 930 AM to 9 PM
    24 – Blizzard beach – 9 AM to 7 PM
    25 – Typhoon Lagoon – 10 AM to 6 PM
    26 – Universal Studios – 9 AM to 9 PM
    27 – Nothing planned yet
    28 – Cruise to Bahamas – Cruise leaves Orlando at 4 PM and returns to Orlando on the 31st.

Can someone suggest on a nice cruise as well. The one I checked is carnival.com

Thanks again in advance for taking the time to read with patience and most importantly for your inputs.

Sunny

Whatever the type of accommodation, I would never risk leaving it until you arrive. Try and have it booked before you get there. The added benefit of not having to re-pack mid-stay would make your stay that much nicer too.

Put an enquiry in using the links at the top of this page and I'm sure you will find a 3 bed villa for your stay.
    Tony G

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Looking at your Agenda I would say you are trying to do too much.

There is only one Epcot that has 2 distinct parts. Can't remember the name of the first area you come into but worldshow case does not open until 11am. Also i wouldn't do the 2 water parks on 2 consecutive days. These are likely to be shorter days and not quite so tiring so would disperse them between more full on days. Also are you sure that Epcot and animal kingdom open at 8am, I thought you could only get in that early if you stayed in a disney hotel.

Regarding accommodation I would book it before you arrive.
    Christine

Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    Looking at your Agenda I would say you are trying to do too much.

There is only one Epcot that has 2 distinct parts. Can't remember the name of the first area you come into but worldshow case does not open until 11am. Also i wouldn't do the 2 water parks on 2 consecutive days. These are likely to be shorter days and not quite so tiring so would disperse them between more full on days. Also are you sure that Epcot and animal kingdom open at 8am, I thought you could only get in that early if you stayed in a disney hotel.

Regarding accommodation I would book it before you arrive.
    I'm confused, where is the agenda you are looking at?
    28 days is a good amount of time to "do" theme parks etc or am I missing something?

Liz

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Liz it was still in moderation, now approved and visible above
    CERI

Thanks Ceri, I thought I was going mad[msnscared]

now I see what you mean Chris, that is some itinerary, you will need a further 28days to recover Sunny, you will be exhausted!
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 17-01-2015 at 17:45.

Liz

I agree with Liz you would be exhausted if you plan to do all them Theme parks one after another!! I would suggest you try and plan some rest days between the Theme parks or go to a Water Park as Christine said these days will be shorter so you can recharge ready for a Theme park the next day.

Once you put a general villa enquiry in on the home page you will get some replies from villa or condo owners to choose from.

Best of luck,

Mark.

Super Moderator
    You mention the cruise you are looking at is on Carnival my brother is a 'seasoned luxury' cruiser and did a cruise from Barbados for a week with Carnival only because it was the only one he could get in his time frame going to the islands he wanted to visit. He was surprised and said he had a good time and would cruise with Carnival again. Other options for cruise lines operating short cruises to the Bahamas from Miami are with Disney, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    You mention the cruise you are looking at is on Carnival my brother is a 'seasoned luxury' cruiser and did a cruise from Barbados for a week with Carnival only because it was the only one he could get in his time frame going to the islands he wanted to visit. He was surprised and said he had a good time and would cruise with Carnival again. Other options for cruise lines operating short cruises to the Bahamas from Miami are with Disney, Norwegian and Royal Caribbean.
    Jill, the Carnival 3/4 night cruises are good value but more for the 'party' crowd with lots of hen and stags parties. It may be a little different on a 7 nighter but we would not want to chance it!!! If one is on a budget then Carnival is good value. We personally prefer Royal Caribbean but have done both and they leave from Port Canaveral which is very simple and easy and still very good prices.