Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa wanted for purchase

Florida Newbie

Villa wanted for purchase

Hi, I am looking at buying a 4 or 5 bed house in Orlando to rent out on a weekly basis. My wife and I have 3 kids and love Orlando. We live in Worcester Park, Surrey and thought of buying such a house.

If you are looking at selling your Villa then please let me know on goldcrestraju@hotmail.com

Thanks
    Raju

Welcome to the Forum Raju. I have just sent you an e-mail.

Good luck with finding a villa Raju, we are only a few minutes away from you in North Cheam, Surrey
    Karen

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    Sandra I thought you were closing on the 25th. Hope everything didn't fall through for you
    CERI

Florida Chatterbox
    Welcome to the OV forum Raju, good luck on buying your very own villa. Sandra's home is fabulous, and in a great location.

Quote Originally Posted by CERICROWLEY View Post
    Sandra I thought you were closing on the 25th. Hope everything didn't fall through for you
    Yes, it did fall through Ceri so we are actually still villa owners!!!

We are having an Open House this weekend and I still have had many problems with my Realtor although I have a pretty good one now. Unfortunately she had to return to UK mid October as her Mum was very il and had a stroke! She is still in UK so not been much use to me at all. I had to put my foot down with the Broker last weekend and now I have a 'temporary' Realtor so this one is now No. 5!!!! Not impressed with the Brokerage at all.

Gold 5 Star Member
    What I would say Raju is do your homeowrk before you commit. The idea/dream is fantastic the reality is much harder work/stress than you ever imagine and if you can only do it with rental income to cover it, then now may not be the best time. You have to know you can cover costs when there isnt any income coming in. It is almost a full time job to advetise the villa, keep up to date with wesites etc. and find good sites to advertise on. My own family members who lived the idea, did as I suggested and worked out the costs they would have to find (that they knew about (there are always unexpected) and for a year tried to put that aside from their regular money as if they had no rentals. After a year they had a tidy sum put by but admitted they would never be able to sustain it and as they had actually put a deposit down on a new build they were advertising and not had any bookings through. Fortunately for them it was at a time when there were lots of sales so they were able to cancel and get their deposit back. She was grateful for the advice and as I said it wasnt to try and "cut the competition" but to give them a realistic idea of what they would face.
    Babblin Boo

Listen to Steph Raju - she is giving you good advice! If you do intend to carry on and purchase a Villa then my advice would be choose one that is already fully furnished and has a number of good paying bookings in place. It will give you a bit of breathing space whilst you set up your advertising package (which in itself can be very expensive) and get to grips with the whole rental business. It is also very expensive to furnish a villa from scratch.

I'm not saying this to cut the competition either - we have just sold ours after 11 years of ownership. It's was great walking into your own little bit of Florida but then the work started meaning we did not really have a holiday for those 11 years!

Good luck if you decide to go ahead with it and remember - don't believe anything anyone tells you during the buying process, do your own in depth research and ask lots and lots of questions.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Very sound advice from both Sandra & Philomena, Raju. I was once told by a realtor there are more sharks out of the water in Florida, than in it and it is so true.
    Carry out due diligence as so many people will lie and tell you what you want to hear.
    We have been very fortunate over the years to have met some very genuine honest people and one or two who were not.
    Good luck and do not rush into anything.
    Last edited by Pookie; 18-01-2015 at 17:47.

Sandra,

Have you had to return to Florida? So sorry that things have fallen through for you it must be so frustrating.

Andrena