Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: New layout

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I am a bit like you wilfy, but that is just because I don't like orange - can't please everyone !

Sue
    The look takes me back about 35 odd years ago when hubby and a couple of friends set up a football team in the local league, they were called Medway Villa and the team colours were orange and black , maybe they had a premonition, it's not around now or we could have asked for sponsorship. Must admit I prefer the sunshine yellow to remind me of Florida but after a while we will no doubt forget
    Last edited by steph_goodrum; 16-01-2015 at 07:43.
    Babblin Boo

Super Moderator
    The main problem I found was the green font for 'view first unread post' does not show up very well on my laptop

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I'm on a mission to purge all the green font as I totally agree. I though I'd spotted them all but must have missed that one. I'll get it sorted in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    The main problem I found was the green font for 'view first unread post' does not show up very well on my laptop

Loving the new layout but finding the orange a bit bright
    Karen

The orange on the right side where is tells you what heading the topic is about e.g. villa advertisers general chat - stands out more than any of the others. The others are a much paler orange as is the orange on everything else which makes it look pale.

I just don't like change but I'll get used to it!
    I remember when we changed from the old forum format to the new one, I hated it, now I can't remeber what the old one was like so onwards and upwards I say.
    just one thing to ask, when you search really old posts that are quite long (thinking of trip reports here) that were on the old forums, not all of the post shows and none of the emoticons show. Will the new styling affect how searches from the previous styling appear? I don't mean from the old forums, hope that makes sense[msnscared]

i guess the answer to that is no, just searched old style posts and old forum posts and both appear in the new format
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 16-01-2015 at 07:37.

Liz

I see you have answered your own question .

To give you some background, the change a few years ago from the old forum format to the new one was akin to moving house as the forum software totally changed and we had to find new ways of doing what we were all used to on the old forum software. This latest look and feel update is akin to changing a pair of curtains in your existing front room in that the forum software is exactly the same as before the look and feel update, it's just the formatting on the screen that has changed a bit. All old posts should display exactly the same now as before.
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    I just don't like change but I'll get used to it!
    I remember when we changed from the old forum format to the new one, I hated it, now I can't remeber what the old one was like so onwards and upwards I say.
    just one thing to ask, when you search really old posts that are quite long (thinking of trip reports here) that were on the old forums, not all of the post shows and none of the emoticons show. Will the new styling affect how searches from the previous styling appear? I don't mean from the old forums, hope that makes sense[msnscared]

i guess the answer to that is no, just searched old style posts and old forum posts and both appear in the new format

The Villa Advertisers General Chat is actually red and not orange as it's a throw over to when we required all owners to visit the forums at least once every 30 days and we put this section in bold red to make it really easy for owners to pick the right part of the forums to look.

I've increased the size of the thread title in the Active Topics view, which should help.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    The orange on the right side where is tells you what heading the topic is about e.g. villa advertisers general chat - stands out more than any of the others. The others are a much paler orange as is the orange on everything else which makes it look pale.

That ties up with a few other people who commented they were finding it a little difficult to see the orange text - I deliberately went for a brighter orange, not only to try and reflect the sunny and bright nature of Florida, but also because it's easier to see text in than a duller orange.
    Quote Originally Posted by MICKEYSDEN View Post
    Loving the new layout but finding the orange a bit bright

Can you give me an example of what screen this is on as I'm struggling to find it please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post