Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: 8 Seater SUV

Florida Newbie

8 Seater SUV

I need an 8 seater (all adults) vehicle with room for luggage for 2 weeks in September/October 2015. The US Car Hire website only shows a 12/15 seater van and I really wanted a large SUV. Has anyone rented a large SUV with 8 seats or something other than a van that would be suitable please?

Florida Chatterbox

8 Seater SUV

The biggest suv I have had is the suburban and that would not be big enough for 8 adults. I would be surprised if you will find an suv big enough. I have heard of a Toyota sienna which is an 8 seater people carrier but never seen one so don't know what the luggage room is like. If you don't want more that 1 vehicle I think you may be stuck with a 12 seater van.

I think 8 seater SUVs are available from Budget, but I wouldn't recommend them for 8 adults with luggage. If you can make arrangements for the luggage to/from the airport, the adults may fit but those seated in the rearmost seats won't thank you for it!

Also, I've had a bad experience with Budget in the past, so I'm really reluctant to recommend them to anyone.
    Tony G

We've hired a Suburban before but only for 5 adults - there's simply not enough room in them for 8 adults and luggage, plus the rear seats are very low to the floor and really only suitable for small children with short legs!!
    Caroline & Dave

We've hired Suburbans a few times and really liked them but I wouldn't think it would be suitable for an all adult group of 8 people. We've also had the Toyota Sienna from Alamo. It's very nice with loads of room but I wouldn't think it would be suitable for 8 adults either.

Personally I'd go for 2 vehicles as it gives you the flexibility to split up and do your own thing.
    Jim

Florida Chatterbox
    Depends on how much luggage you will have between you and whether you have to check in at airport. You always have extra bags or fuller bags on the return trip.
    Personally I'd go for a 7 seater stow and go, the 3 back seats can be stowed away and you'll have enough room for most of the luggage in there. Book a basic car for the other 4 passengers. If you book with Alamo then you can pick what car you want.
    The larger vans are like school buses, only driven one once when I had to take a van back as it was faulty. Had to drive the "bus" to another location, it wasn't pleasant but then I've never driven one before.

On our last three visits we booked a mid-size SUV with Alamo and have ended up with a 7 seat stow & go. There were a couple of the smaller vehicles in the line but mostly 7 seaters. If you are going to hire two vehicles this could be an option for you.