Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Taking food back to UK

Florida Newbie

Taking food back to UK

Hi
    We have unused food left over like chocolate, cakes and sweets. Is it ok to put them in the suitcase back to the UK? Some chocolate had nuts in it, is that ok?
    Thanks

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    chocolate and sweets are ok. it more the fact of un pasterized cheese, meat, fruit, plants etc. that they will not allow.
    CERI

As a general rule it the same things that you cannot take in to the states you can't bring back into UK.

Liz

I think most cooked items like chocolate, biscuits, sweets are ok but no meat, dairy products, fruit, plants etc. If in doubt you could ask at customs when you come in and they will just take and destroy any products that are not allowed.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    You can check what is allowed here

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ug_2014_v4.pdf

I inadvertantly bought something I shouldnt have back last year, when we went to Myakka River State park I saw some alligator meat (they looked exactly like peperami sticks) and thought the 3 boys I look after would get a kick out of trying it so didnt even think about it. they were in my hand luggage and fortunately wasnt even questioned. It's easy when you see things like the small citrus plants etc to think that would be nice to take home and not give it a second thought.
    Babblin Boo