Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just the 2 of us part 10 Next Stop England

Florida Junior

Just the 2 of us part 10 Next Stop England

Tuesday 21st October

Last full day today so not doing much. While having breakfast we saw 5 balloons fly over, this is the first time we have seen them this trip as the wind must have been in the wrong direction for them to fly over us. They come really low and close and we can see there are about 15 to 20 people on board then they disappear heading north up the US27 towards the 192.

We have a trip to Publix to pick up some wine to take home and 2 donuts to have with morning coffee.

I spend the afternoon writing a trip report while Sue just relaxes by the pool and tries to figure out how we can stay and not go home. As it approaches 7.00pm I log on to the Virgin website and book in online to save time tomorrow and make sure we get the seats we have booked. One year I did not do this and we were moved.

Wednesday 22nd October

The final day of our holiday has arrived and we eat breakfast in silence (neither of us want to go home [][]). We pack the cases and decide what clothes we are going to travel home in so we don't pack them. Why do you always get the cases packed and then find something you have missed[?]. As we had coffee about 10.00am we saw the Cranes on the lawn and the Raccoon was up the tree again.

We set off to Downtown Disney at about 11.15am to drop off the cases and then go on to Florida Mall for a final look round. As we get to D.D. and unload the cases I realise I have left my trousers and shirt that I am traveling home in at the villa. I usually have my shorts and t shirt on till we get to the airport then get changed for the flight. We drive back to the villa and someone from the management company has already been in to put out the bins and just check round to make sure everything has been left ok. My clothes are still where I left them so we decide to have a drink and a sandwich we had made before setting off again.

By the time we arrived at Florida Mall it was 2.00pm so we had a quick look round and set off for the airport about 3.30pm (car has to be back at 4.00pm). Sat nav takes me all round the outskirts and back roads of the airport and we arrive just before 4 but there is a long line waiting to be booked in. As I have to take some tablets with food at about the same time everyday we always have something to eat before we get on the flight as eating at 8.30pm is too late for me. We decide to have a burger at McDonalds before going through security.

The line at security is fairly long and it takes about 40 minutes to get through and on to the train to the departure gate. I am sure everyone who is at the departure gate has a ticket for this flight (and a seat) so why do people congregate round the gate and when they start announcing row numbers for boarding just stand in the way and make it difficult for people to board.

The flight takes off on time 7.00pm and is uneventful and we arrive at Manchester at 7.20am (7hrs 15 min flight not bad). As we are in PE downstairs on row 19 we are the first people off the plane, we get straight through security and to the bag collection carousel by 7.40am. I was misguided when I thought that because we were traveling PE we may get bags off early. The first ones came off fairly quick (after about 5 minutes) and we waited and waited and waited and eventually at 8.20am 40 minutes after we arrived at the carousel our bags arrived[!][!].

Our taxi driver is waiting for us and when we get to the motorway it is gridlocked. As we move slowly along it becomes clear what the holdup is a man is on top of a bridge and is being talked down by the police[:O]. We finally arrive home at 10.00am and realise how much junk mail we get in 3 weeks.

So this is my final entry and it has been a good experience for me. Sometime you forget what you have done each day but having to keep a record to write about later has been interesting. We are due to go back in May 2015 but I am not sure if we will be doing anything different to what we have done this time so may not write another report.

Thanks for all the comments and I look forward to read any trip reports written by others.

G

Florida Chatterbox
    Welcome home. Enjoyed reading the reports.

Have loved reports, please do again when you return next year.
    Jan

Thanks, I have enjoyed reading these. Welcome home.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Indian ridge oak Florida , South Godstone
    Thanks for taking a lot of your holiday time up with writing these reports, they have been very interesting.

[beer]

Tony

Gold 5 Star Member
    Please do write a report the next time you go. I've enjoyed reading them.
    Lesley

Lovely trip reports, have put me in the mood for our own visit in 11 days time

Liz

Welcome home and have enjoyed reading your trip reports and it is nice knowing you are going back again in May......it will get you through the winter!
    Linda

Lovely trip report-Thank you for taking the time to share with us
    Jan & Rob

Super Moderator
    I have enjoyed reading your reports and appreciate how much time you have taken to write them. May will soon roll round and you will have something to look forward to.