Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Just the 2 of us part 6 Universal and Raccoons

Florida Junior

Just the 2 of us part 6 Universal and Raccoons

Tuesday 7th October

Went to Universal studios this morning, it is one of our favourite parks. Why do people head towards the right hand side at the pay gates when the left hand ones are empty?. We got through an empty gate at the left and there was long queues at the right hand side. We called for a coffee and a cookie at Beverly Hills Boulangeri before heading further into the park.

Went to Transformers first with only a short wait, then on to Simpsons which I have to go on by myself as Sue gets a bit motion sick on this. Then went to M.I.B. and got a best ever score of 390,000 (Galaxy Defender)

The park is very busy so after lunch we decide to go on the HP train to the I.O.A. The ride is different going this way (no spoiler).

We headed round the park to go on Spiderman but there was a 45 min wait and as it was very hot and muggy we decide to head back to the villa. Called at Pizza Hut to pick up a pizza for tea and stayed in after tea.

Wednesday 8th October.

Quiet day at villa today Sue doing a bit of washing and Ironing me surfing internet and writing a report for this site.

Went Out to Golden Corral for tea we get it cheap as we are pensioners, well I am but Sue is not happy as she is not 60 (but I am not arguing). Had a ride to Downtown Disney for a walk as we had been in all day. We parked near Cirque du Soleil and walked right to the Market Place area. The building work is worse than I thought when we came last week. There are boarded areas all the way from West side and it is not as pleasant to walk round as it was. Called at Ghirardelli's for a free chocolate (doesn't everyone do that?). then we went back via a water taxi.

On way back called for some petrol[:O] what is happening with the prices. When we arrived on Monday 29th Sept it was $3.16 at most garages now it has gone up to $3.28 but I suppose it is cheaper than home in England.

Thursday 9th October

Breakfast on the patio this morning about 7.00am and the moon is full and very bright. We decided to go to the Flea Market on the 192 as we have never visited one before. Did not buy anything as mostly T shirts and cheap gifts.

Back at the villa we settle down for a quiet and relaxing afternoon by the pool. Why does the grass cutter man always come when you are sun bathing and relaxing. So for the next hour we sit and watch him go round and round on his little machine. When we thought he had finished he came back with a trimmer to do the edges.

After he had gone (about 4.00pm) we noticed a dark shape in a tree which boarders the villa land. After watching it for about 5 mins we decided it was a raccoon which had obviously shot up the tree when the grass man came. After 15 mins it decided that it was now safe to come down and climbed down the trunk and shot into the wood nearby.

Friday 10th October

The raccoon we saw last night walked across the lawn this morning (about 7.30am) with 2 others so obviously the grass man yesterday did not frighten it too much.

Went to I.O.A. this morning and it is very busy again. Managed to do Spiderman before coffee and when we passed about 10.30 there was already a 30min wait. Took the HP train to Universal just before lunch and it was very busy there. As daughter and son in law like Dr Who we saw some t shirts they may like so got them from the shop next to Terminator 3D. After lunch we managed to do M.I.B. (did not score as many this time) but all the other attractions had long wait lines (Simpsons 30min, Transformers 60mins, Shrek 40mins and Minions 75mins) we have done these many times so decided to leave early in the afternoon.

We went back to Universal for tea and went to the Nascar Grill. Burgers are very good and the staff are pleasant and service is good. We came back here as we had decided to go to the pictures to see the Equaliser with Denzel Washington. It was slow to start but when the action starts is quite good.

On way back to the villa about 11pm we noticed that the petrol price at a garage at the junction of the I4 and the US27 was $3.11 [:O]. We filled up 2 days ago at $3.26 now it is $3.11 it looks like it is potluck when you have to fill up.

That's it for now, Buccaneers weekend coming up

G

Note to self, must go to Universal as we haven't been for years, there was no Simpsons, no Transformers and no Minions the last time we went and we haven't been to IOA since Harry Potter was built. We went to Mardi Gras to see Frankie Valli but I bet that was about 6 or 7 years ago.
    We don't go to the parks much unless we are going with friends although we did all the Disney a Parks and DC with our granddaughter at Easter, at 7 we thought there was a lot at Universal she was a bit young for and she's not yet into HP so we gave it a miss but you have made me think it is time we headed that way again.
    i am with Sue in the motion sickness thing [sick] I could never do Back to the Future and Men in Black is far too spinny!
    your trip sounds so leisurely and relaxing I can't wait for our turn!

Liz

Florida Chatterbox
    Always call in Ghiradellis for the free chocalate.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Note to self, must go to Universal as we haven't been for years, there was no Simpsons, no Transformers and no Minions the last time we went and we haven't been to IOA since Harry Potter was built. We went to Mardi Gras to see Frankie Valli but I bet that was about 6 or 7 years ago.
    We don't go to the parks much unless we are going with friends although we did all the Disney a Parks and DC with our granddaughter at Easter, at 7 we thought there was a lot at Universal she was a bit young for and she's not yet into HP so we gave it a miss but you have made me think it is time we headed that way again.
    i am with Sue in the motion sickness thing [sick] I could never do Back to the Future and Men in Black is far too spinny!
    your trip sounds so leisurely and relaxing I can't wait for our turn!
    The Simpsons used to be Back to the Future. It's the same ride, just redecorated with a new "movie". Despicable Me Minion Mayhem used to be Funtastic World of Hanna-Barbera. I miss them, as well as Ghostsbusters, King Kong, and now, of course, Jaws.
    Mike

Great reports.Yes, the gas certainly changes quickly. When we were here is May it was $4.39+ so we were pleased to see it at around $3.11+ but suddenly it went spiralling upwards to $3.29++. We went out yesterday and got some at WaWa for $3.13.

If any of you have a Costco membership even a UK one you can use it at Costco on the OBT petrol is usually quite a bit cheaper there.

Andrena

Florida Junior
    Hi Junior

Have you tried The Golden Corral on Hwy 50 at Clearmont

Go North on Hwy 27 pass Cagan;s Crossing ....... Past Lake Louisa State Park ....... and follow signs Hwy 50 East ..

Just after joining Hwy 50 it will be on your Right with a Race Trac Gas Station.

It is a newer Golden Corral and used by locals rather than tourists .

Another tip if you are bored

On Hwy27 as you pass Lake Louisa State Park ( on Left ) look out for a RIGHT Turn called Schofield Rd.

It is Before the traffic lights and where the green shed was, AND where a Big Mast is now .

Go up Schofield road and stay on sand road ... go streight on .. you are now on Five Mile Road ......

enjoy the peace & Quiet .... keep on sand road ... a tree garden grower site ... will be on your right .

At the T junction you have a choice

( A ) turn Right & you will stay on sand road & re join Hwy 27 ,,,, where you started . ( There is another exit )

( B ) Turn Left ... and the sand road will lead you onto Avolon Road ( Rubbish Dump Entrance ) where you can

Turn Right and head for Hwy 192 at Westgate.

still enjoying your trip report, looking forward to the next part, thanku xx
    Liesa