Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Just the 2 of us Part 3 The Wildlife and the Gecko

Florida Junior

Just the 2 of us Part 3 The Wildlife and the Gecko

Wednesday 1st October

Sue up early again (4.15am) this is the last time I will start with this you can assume she is up at this time every day. Sat by the pool at 6.45 watching the sun come up having a coffee and 2 racoons came walking by returning home after a night out. They looked at us and just carried on walking into the wood first time we have seen any here.

The birds are really loud this morning and we have seen a Northern Cardinal (bright red bird) and a Red Shouldered Hawk (see below) picture a bit grainy as taken through the pool cage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bird 3.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	1030

As the rain has finally stopped for now we are taking a trip to Barnes and Noble and the Florida Mall. Sue says she needs more books but I thought that's what she got a kindle for so she could load books onto but apparently you cannot have too many books

Had lunch at Florida Mall and when leaving it was raining really hard again. Decided to go back to post office at Cagan to pay the toll charge. The woman behind the counter said have you had one of these before sir when I said no she proceeded to tell me how to fill in the voucher, what to put, where to put it and even put the stamp on the envelope for me very helpful. So for not having $.75 in change I had to pay $2.49 ($.75 order, $1.27 money order fee, and $.49 for a stamp) will make sure I have change next time.

We called at Walmart while in the area and purchased a mobile phone as I had forgotten the one we got2 years ago. Only cost $10 so not too bad just need one for emergencies.

Back to villa and stayed in rest of night I am not getting wet again today where did I put that wine.

Thursday 2nd October.

Watched the sun come up again but no racoons this morning it is going to be a sunny day so decide to stay round pool and top up our tans.

While having lunch on the pool deck we noticed a number (about 4) of geckos inside the pool cage we think they are getting in under the cage door which has a large gap under it. We decided to try and catch them and put them back outside. So for the next 1/2 hr or so we tried to catch them using the pool net hope no one saw us it was very funny. Eventually we used a fly swatter to flick them into the pool and then catch them in the net used for cleaning the water on top of the pool. This seemed to work fine and we were pleased with ourselves.

Here is one before we re positioned it outside the pool cage.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0911.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	26.8 KB 
ID:	1031

Before we went out for tea we were relaxing in the lounge when a gecko ran right across the floor in front of the tv which startled both of us. We had one in the villa last year and caught it by putting a plastic container over it sliding a piece of card under the container and taking it out the front door so thought that would work again (the gecko had other ideas). It ran behind the tv and we could not reach it so I blocked off one escape route with a towel and used the fly swatter to coax it out the other side (it worked ). Just when I was about to pounce on it it ran into the well of the sliding door (cannot get it in a box now). I tried to coax it out with the fly swatter but it would not have it and I could not get at it to lift it out. Eventually it crawled into a gap between the tile and the concrete floor so it was impossible to get to it. What I did next I am not proud of after running round after them in the afternoon and for 1/2 hr at night I sealed the little bu***r in by filling the gap with tissue paper.

After all the excitement we went for tea at Ponderosa on the 192 soup, steak and salad not bad really. We decided to take a trip to Downtown Disney to look at what is on at the pictures (we usually go to see something while we are here). It has really changed since last October there are lots of road works, building work and the multi storey car park looks nearly finished. We had to park at the back of Cirque du Soleil as all the other areas were full (this at 7.00pm). We did not stay and were soon on way home.

After chasing geckos round most of the day I cannot take much more excitement oh wait we are going to Universal / IOA tomorrow [:0][:0]

G

Last edited by junior; 04-10-2014 at 21:41.

Florida Chatterbox
    I am the same as Sue the first week I get up really early then as the next week progresses it is around 8am I get up.

Your photo attachments are not showing, we have those geckos on our pool deck at times and the occasional frog, the frog usually hides in one of the holes what the pool safety fence poles fit into.

Enjoying your trip reports, keep them coming.

Florida Junior
    Hi

Hope you can see the pictures now??

G

Pictures displaying fine. Thanks for keeping up with the reports, I'm enjoying reading them. Hope you enjoyed yourselves at Universal.
    Dave.

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Nice pictures thanks. Your trip report is nice to read before I go to work in the mornings look forward to the next bit. My most enjoyable part of being in our villa is the morning, nice cup of tea by the pool, warm air, peaceful and not a care in the world. Quite often I have a little gecko sit near by usually on top of the hose pipe real.

Mary

Your tale about the gecko had me in stitches and reminded me of a similar incident I had written in one of my trip reports.

http://www.orlando-guide.info/forums...=Girls+allowed

why is it that they are quite acceptable outdoors but inside they become as frightening as........ I don't know what, but pretty scary!

Liz

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Your tale about the gecko had me in stitches and reminded me of a similar incident I had written in one of my trip reports.

why is it that they are quite acceptable outdoors but inside they become as frightening as........ I don't know what, but pretty scary!
    Just read the link that is so funny, I think I will try to find some time to go and read some more.

Mary

Enjoying you reports
    Jan

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post

just read this again Liz.... lol
    [clap]enjoying.. thankyou... next please [clap]
    Liesa