Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Free Prescription

Free Prescription

I had the misfortune of having to visit the dentist in Florida this morning and get a prescription for antibiotics. The good news is that the dentist said that Publix, Walmart or Walgreens would fill out the prescription free (no need to be a US resident) if I took it to them and indeed Publix did. Useful to know.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Thank you Sue. Useful to know. I hope your treatment works soon for you.

handy to know thanks Sue x
    Liesa

The same thing happened to me Sue. I had to go to a doctor and was prescribed antibiotics which were free in Publix. I found it hard to understand why that should be.......but didn't question it!
    Jim

Florida Chatterbox

Free Prescription

How much did it cost to see the dentist?

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    Good to know, as you say Jim don't understand why but don't look a gift horse in the mouth no pun intended.
    Lyn

Florida Chatterbox
    Quote Originally Posted by vickk View Post
    How much did it cost to see the dentist?
    Hope this wasn't taken the wrong way. I seriously wanted to know the cost of visiting the dentist. I put up with toothache for a fortnight and lived on ibuprofen while there a couple years ago.

Not as bad as I feared. I had an implant in the UK in June, it was fine until the end of the first week of a 3 week holiday and then showed signs of becoming infected. I kept going for a week, fearing the cost of seeing a dentist before giving in. It was $166 and that covered two x-rays. Compared to a trip my hubby had to Hart of Florida hosp a couple of years ago for some stitches in a cut finger (over $3000 for dressing, anti-tetanus etc) a bargain ! The original implant had cost me over £2000 in the UK so I did not want to risk damaging that either. Not sure about the insurance situation, but as it could be called an emergency - the dentist did say it would have been unwise to fly home with a swollen, infected tooth due to pressure changes, I will give it a go.
    As far as Publix go, I think it is just to get you in. You are bound to do some shopping while you wait - a bit like Waitrose free cup of coffee.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 01-10-2014 at 11:38.
    Gerry and Sue

Winn Dixie also do free cholesterol and diabetic checks (with instant results) from time to time. I guess it is also to draw people in to shop.
    Maureen Green