Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Cancelled flight: reschedule car rental?

Cancelled flight: reschedule car rental?

Hi everyone,
    my mom's flight to MCO tomorrow has been cancelled and rescheduled for MIA a day later. I've sent an email to Roulla but does anyone on here know if UScarhire offices are open on sundays? I have no doubt I'll get stellar service as usual, I'm just wondering if I'll get an answer today to get other stuff organized.

Administrator
    Sorry to hear about that. It will be fine. If you don't get a reply today then it will be sorted tomorrow. We will need to send you a new voucher. Let us know as soon as you have exact details.

Quote Originally Posted by roger View Post
    Sorry to hear about that. It will be fine. If you don't get a reply today then it will be sorted tomorrow. We will need to send you a new voucher. Let us know as soon as you have exact details.
    Thanks Roger, I just sent another email through the Uscarhire website confirming the changes. I'm so thankful I found years ago this website and got to know UScarhire, considering our family hasn't had a trouble-free flight in the past years and has had to change car hire rentals every single time. We're jinxed probably... [msnscared]
    I can't say enough about the service (and endless patience) provided by Roulla and team.

Administrator
    Just to let you know, your order has been updated and a new voucher has been emailed, so you are all set. Have a great trip!

Just to let you know, your order has been updated and a new voucher has been emailed, so you are all set. Have a great trip!
    Totally amazing service as always!

Well done guys!
    Caroline & Dave

Gold 5 Star Member
    Veering a little Off Topic here but I've had a couple of similar situations this year but in both cases I was unable to print my new voucher off because I was either inflight or unable to easily access a printer. I was very anxious on the first occasion because I feared a real problem at the desk without one even though I'd been advised to have the email on my phone ready to show the agent. As it turned out, the agent didn't need anything and just looked up the reservation on their system. On the second occasion (with a different rental company) the same thing happened.

I certainly wouldn't recommend not bothering with a voucher but my experience seems to suggest that it's not as essential as I had always assumed.

Thanks Roger, I got it and sent it to my mom's hotel asking them to print it as she's on her way. I've said it already, but hey, after dealing with all those changes in flights, hôtels and such, great (and sooooo easy) service UScarhire [clap]. All done now, she should have a great vacation no matter what: Miami, Key west and then Anna Maria Island.

Administrator
    We do offer a completely voucher-less system with Alamo and National. No voucher is required at all, but we send out a voucher as most people feel happier with paper in-hand. Ideally you should have your Alamo supplier reference number, but as you say, even without that, as long as you have ID and give your name then you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    Veering a little Off Topic here but I've had a couple of similar situations this year but in both cases I was unable to print my new voucher off because I was either inflight or unable to easily access a printer. I was very anxious on the first occasion because I feared a real problem at the desk without one even though I'd been advised to have the email on my phone ready to show the agent. As it turned out, the agent didn't need anything and just looked up the reservation on their system. On the second occasion (with a different rental company) the same thing happened.

I certainly wouldn't recommend not bothering with a voucher but my experience seems to suggest that it's not as essential as I had always assumed.

Gold 5 Star Member
    We do offer a completely voucher-less system with Alamo and National. No voucher is required at all, but we send out a voucher as most people feel happier with paper in-hand. Ideally you should have your Alamo supplier reference number, but as you say, even without that, as long as you have ID and give your name then you will be fine.
    Thanks for that - the first occasion was Alamo.

I had 9 anxious hours in flight because I fully expected that they wouldn't let me take a car without a voucher and I had arranged to pick somebody up later that day. It was a huge relief when the agent found my reservation in about 3 seconds. As you say, having a paper voucher does still give you a sense of security but good to know that there is usually a back-up.