Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: first thanksgiving in America

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

first thanksgiving in America

We will be in florida from 20th november until the 4th december

anyone know of things for us to do.. more at thanksgiving... any special activities going on or places closed?

thanks
    Liesa

I think You will find the majority of shops & restaurants closed but most of the shops will reopen anytime from 6:00pm onwards for the Black Friday sales! We had Thanksgiving dinner at Crackerbarrel last year but it is very busy and the queues can be long as it is one of the few places in our area open to eat. Two courses for $10 - and it was very tasty. Think Perkins may also be open

Of course all the theme parks are open as normal.

We have seen neighbours deep fry a whole thanksgiving turkey in a special turkey fryer which they placed on the drive - it was in there some time!

I an sure others will give you some ideas.

Nothing particularly special going on as it is more of family get together time. Some shops and restaurants close but not all. I would recommend booking a nice meal in a good restaurant. Disney hotels are great places to visit at holiday times and soaking up the ambience. The parks can be very busy over the w/e. Or make use of one of the BBQs at Kissimmee Lakefront. People will let you chuck your steaks on a BBQ they are using. It's a communal thing and good fun.

Quote Originally Posted by LiesaAnna View Post
    We will be in florida from 20th november until the 4th december

anyone know of things for us to do.. more at thanksgiving... any special activities going on or places closed?

thanks

Gold 5 Star Member
    Liesa
    Save your energy and money for the Black Friday sales Some of the stores start their online sales the night before, you can pick up some amazing bargains but sometimes have to be prepared to look for them.

If you want to have something at home places like Publix can supply a ready cooked meal that you just need to warm up.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox
    The Gaylord Palms do a lovely Thanksgiving brunch, they also have the Ice exhibition at this time. The food was very nice and the Ice exhibition was really lovely they have a different theme every year.

You will probably have to make a reservation for the brunch as it was busy when we went last year.

We have been there a few times, once we went out for dinner but the place was quiet and lacked atmosphere, so the last two occasions we gave stayed home and I have cooked[:O]
    Black Friday sales are well worth getting to early, there are definitely great bargains to be had.

Liz

thanks all, xx[bowwave]
    Steph, Gaylords is one of the places Steve and i would like to go to! so will book up for brunch and the ice exhibition ...[high5]
    Liesa

Been twice for thanksgiving, my advice sleep all day then hit the black Friday sales

Quote Originally Posted by spaners View Post
    Been twice for thanksgiving, my advice sleep all day then hit the black Friday sales
    We were there a few years ago and I cooked a Thanksgiving meal - Turkey with all the trimmings and pumpkin pie. We went shopping early the next day.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Chatham Park, Kissimmee & Glenfield, Leicester
    With regard to the shopping, we are always there for Black Friday but have been put off the sales by horror stories of huge queues for parking etc. Can anyone that has hit the sales let us know where and what the parking was like.
    Lyn