Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a rant!

Quote Originally Posted by lafifille View Post
    This is probably stupid of me but I went to Prague and London (separate occasions of course) with my ID card only, as a French Citizen. Wouldn't it work for a British Citizen to reach the Schengen area with a simple ID?
    We have been assured by both the Passport office and the airline only passports would be accepted. My son went to the passport office yesterday to see if going in person might help, but alas they wouldn't give in.

Sadly not a holiday to remember
    Keith

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    We were burgled once - when staying in an apartment on a hotel complex. According to the sheriff the most unsafe place to leave anything is in a SAFE. Hubbies camera was untouched as it was not in the safe and luckily we had our passports with us that day. Needless to say we dont have a safe in our villa
    I tend to keep passports, tickets and travellers cheques in my underwear drawer on the basis that a quick glance in their is all a burglar will give!!

I usually hire a safe if i'm staying in a hotel in Spain but have never used one in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by syrup View Post
    We have been assured by both the Passport office and the airline only passports would be accepted. My son went to the passport office yesterday to see if going in person might help, but alas they wouldn't give in.

Sadly not a holiday to remember
    That is if you travel by plane I guess. I work for an international bus company, and European citizens to and from UK just need a valid photo ID to cross the Channel, or to travel within EU. As for the Eurostar, I've taken it with my "regular" French ID card and had no problem.
    Here's what they say on the Eurostar website:
    "To travel on Eurostar you need either:

• a valid passport, or
    • a national identity card (EEA citizens and Swiss nationals)"

I think the difference is perhaps because you are a French national. I've travelled often on Battlefield tours from the U.K. by coach to France, Germany and Holland and have always had to use my passport.
    I think the problem is leaving and entering the U.K. if you are a U.K. citizen.
    Keith

Quote Originally Posted by lafifille View Post
    Here's what they say on the Eurostar website:
    "To travel on Eurostar you need either:

• a valid passport, or
    • a national identity card (EEA citizens and Swiss nationals)"
    Exactly UK nationals do not have national identity cards so they have to show a passport.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    Exactly UK nationals do not have national identity cards so they have to show a passport.

Sue
    Well, this is probably the first time ever I'm glad we have so many different "papers": national ID card, passport, driver license, social security card... how many times have I wished it would all be on the same card with one single chip: obviously not so good unless they're ready to replace it in a reasonnable delay .

Martin, that is interesting re the passports. Do you just ask for a second one or do you have to apply as you would for a replacement passport?

cant offer anything here except i'm so sorry... nasty b******S.... think the best thing is a blessing over here will make a point of copying passports dont usually leave them behind when we go out but do worry bout handbag being snatched! its all blooming worry worry worry... hope u and your whole family enjoy the wedding day as best u can xxx
    Liesa

I scan my passport and bank/credit cards then email them to myself . This way I can access them from any Internet cafe should we lose ours. Thankfully I have never had to.
    Diane.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Madabouttigger View Post
    I scan my passport and bank/credit cards then email them to myself . This way I can access them from any Internet cafe should we lose ours. Thankfully I have never had to.
    diane
    My only concern with that would be that if my email were hacked all my vital information would be there ?
    Babblin Boo