Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: burglary over 20 years ago

Hey Sarah, thanks for the compliment!!! I must look like an illegal wannabe immigrant - NOT!!!

Thank you for that explanation Martin although I doubt if I will ever be spending more than 180 days in US in the future, but useful to know. Yes, the IO certainly try to frighten you, and I went though a 2 year period of being hauled into secondary every visit (3/4 visits per year). I knew someone else who had been through the same thing and they were kind enough to give me the information I needed to make the IO stop this nonsense - most of it was to do with my apparent lack of readable finger prints - so I decided that I would give it one more go without complaining.Wow, was I surprised not to be summonsed and lucky not since then. I stand in line rubbing my fingers over my forehead as apparently that is where there is more natural oils for your fingerprints! One learns something every day.

Florida Expert
    Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Hey Sarah, thanks for the compliment!!! I must look like an illegal wannabe immigrant - NOT!!!

Thank you for that explanation Martin although I doubt if I will ever be spending more than 180 days in US in the future, but useful to know. Yes, the IO certainly try to frighten you, and I went though a 2 year period of being hauled into secondary every visit (3/4 visits per year). I knew someone else who had been through the same thing and they were kind enough to give me the information I needed to make the IO stop this nonsense - most of it was to do with my apparent lack of readable finger prints - so I decided that I would give it one more go without complaining.Wow, was I surprised not to be summonsed and lucky not since then. I stand in line rubbing my fingers over my forehead as apparently that is where there is more natural oils for your fingerprints! One learns something every day.
    Interesting that about the fingerprints as my wife's fingerprints either don't register or on our last visit flagged up as being the same or remarkably similar to someone on an FBI wanted list leading to secondary questioning.

She has an under active thyroid and takes thyroxin for it every day. One of the symptons of under active thyroid is dry skin so i'm assuming this is why her fingerprints never register on electronic machines properly.
    I shall tell her to do the forehead rub with her fingers next time like you've said.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ujpest doza View Post
    Interesting that about the fingerprints as my wife's fingerprints either don't register or on our last visit flagged up as being the same or remarkably similar to someone on an FBI wanted list leading to secondary questioning.

She has an under active thyroid and takes thyroxin for it every day. One of the symptons of under active thyroid is dry skin so i'm assuming this is why her fingerprints never register on electronic machines properly.
    I shall tell her to do the forehead rub with her fingers next time like you've said.
    or put hand cream on during flight before landing is also supposed to work, basically it's because of dehydration that it can make them harder to read apparently.
    Babblin Boo

I read this tip on here some time ago and now every time I stand in the queue for immigration I am surprised to see how many people are rubbing their forehead, of course, they could be rubbing their forehead for another reason

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    or put hand cream on during flight before landing is also supposed to work, basically it's because of dehydration that it can make them harder to read apparently.
    Usually had put hand cream on throughout the flight so it made no difference to my prints.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    Usually had put hand cream on throughout the flight so it made no difference to my prints.
    I think it's to do with natural body oil rather than manufactured oils, but I could be wrong.

Liz

Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    I think it's to do with natural body oil rather than manufactured oils, but I could be wrong.
    You are quite correct Liz which is why the hand lotion made no difference.