Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Paid deposit for Villa and now very nervous

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Sorry to hear things are not sorted out as you thought, as others have said i would get in touch with John and let him help. The owners and moderators work very hard on the site to keep things going great so i am sure John would appreciate the chance to help.

Hope it all sorts out quickly and you have a wonderful holiday.

Mary

Florida Savvy
    I have written to John and thank you all so very much for your help and advice.
    Helen

Florida Junior
    Hi Helen,

I am slightly miffed at your thinking that some of the long standing members of this site are not verified owners ...

In the 20 posts so far and now mine there are 2 very certified owners & I make up another long standing owner of 14 years

All of the posters have given good advice & I am sure everybody has the O P plight in their thoughts

Yes there are chancers out there ...... But ......you will see who keeps posting on a regular basis with good /sound advice & help

Florida Junior
    Sorry Helen,

My Reply should be to Christine of Post 20

The Heat / rain of Hwy 27 is getting to me

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    Sorry Helen,

It has always been the policy of the site that any enquiry has to be made through the sites and not in a posting because of the fact that the owners take great pride in making sure that all owners on the site verify they are still the owners every six months by using proof of utility bill etc. That's not to say that if you own a home but don't advertise on here you aren't genuine but just as eully there are many unscrupulous people who will take advantge of the posting and offer what may or may not be a genuine article. If something goes wrong as occasionally it will the owners have a way of tracing the individuals and helping to resolve it for the Guest and if the owners has done something wrong they will not be allowed to advertise any more. Those who are not advertising but offer their villa "outside" of the system could just as easily be part of it but may think they will save some money and be able to undercut the ones on the site.

I guess it is a bit like somebody standing outside a travel agent shop and asking people going in if they want to get a good deal on a holiday, if they say yes, they may but equally things could go horribly wrong and when they go back to the shop there is no one to be seen.
    Babblin Boo

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by cork View Post
    Sorry Helen,

I put that message on as I am a moderator and removed some email addresses of people that had posted offering villas who were not owners on this site.
    Christine

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Just to confirm our total agreement to the Moderator post below. It's against forum rules to offer a villa to anyone posting on the forums, either by replying to a forum thread, by Private Message or by email. We can't vouch for any villa owner who does this as we have owners on here who do not list on our villa rental sites and thus are not verified every 6 months.

We will remove or edit any posts found in breach of this and do reserve the right to delete the forum user of any villa owner found breaking this rule.

Quote Originally Posted by christhear View Post
    I put that message on as I am a moderator and removed some email addresses of people that had posted offering villas who were not owners on this site.

It would be interesting to hear how this was resolved.

Andrena