Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flight Deals and what would you call a "good price"

Flight Deals and what would you call a "good price"

If anyone spots flight deals to Florida could you please post them here?? It may help folks get a Florida break they hadn't planned to do??
    I'm hoping for a good deal myself[msntongue] especially now I can travel outside school holiday periods [clap][clap]

Gold 5 Star Member
    I envy you being based in Dublin when it comes to flight prices. I'm seeing lots of sub-£400 fares to the US from there which can't be anything like matched from UK airports.

I like your idea but it might help to know what most people would regard as a 'good deal' these days when fares seem to have risen so much.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 18-08-2014 at 07:11.

Cheers - great idea...changed title so fingers crossed I could find a good deal

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    For us anything around the £450 mark is a reasonable price these days, we went for £415 last May and thought that was a good deal. Most of it is the taxes and fees so we would not expect to get less than these prices now.
    Most of the time they are up in the £550 - £600 price for us now.
    Lets hope they do a bank holiday special this year we managed to get our November flights last year on the bank holiday for £505 each.
    I will post if i see anything

Mary

Our flights for Sep/Oct this year with VA worked out at just over £500 each - using some miles and a 'free companion' seat - not free at all as you pay more for the initial seat and taxes for the companion, but we were happy with that. I usually hope to get around the £500 mark out of the peak season and maybe a bit less in January.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    I think around £500 for Economy is probably a reasonable price (I remeber when we could get all 3 adult flights and the car hire for under £1000 We have paid £850 each for Virgin from early Dec returning from Boston just before New Year but that is PE so we considered that quite reasonable, same flight is now showing £1200 and still that price for April. I think their sales are often in September.
    Babblin Boo

Do let us know if you "spot" a sale..

From Ireland at the moment we can get Virgin ...DUB-MAN-MCO for 550Euro and to upgrade to PE is only 250Euro extra. That's roughly what we paid in June so must be failrly standard price.
    Could be worth travelling to Ireland, cheap hotel overnight perhaps and then starting journey to Florida from here...just a thought

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by carolmc View Post
    From Ireland at the moment we can get Virgin ...DUB-MAN-MCO for 550Euro and to upgrade to PE is only 250Euro extra. That's roughly what we paid in June so must be failrly standard price.
    Could be worth travelling to Ireland, cheap hotel overnight perhaps and then starting journey to Florida from here...just a thought
    You can also go BA World Traveller Plus DUB-LGW-MCO for under £700 which is around £400 less than flying just LGW-MCO. When you consider a party of 4 people the savings are really very significant. All to do with UK taxes of course.

Last week I saw DUB-LHR-LAX return next year on BA or AA Economy for £335 or World Traveller Plus for £745.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 18-08-2014 at 13:25.

There are flights advertised on Thomson going 30th August for £407 and a few more after that still in the lower £400 bracket. Ideal if you can just pack and go!!