Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Villa Communities Walking Distance From A Pub?

Florida Newbie

Villa Communities Walking Distance From A Pub?

Hi

Sorry to be this guy who asks the "which community is best" question & I have the http://www.orlandovillas.com/map.aspx link, however can anyone recommend a community walking distance from a pub? There's a lot who say they're close to pubs/bars/restaurants but they're all close driving.

I've stayed at High Grove the last 4 years and Devenney's is awesome - but i'm looking for a change and I need somewhere that's walking distance from a pub.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. :-)

Thanks
    Jamie

Florida Expert
    Hi Jamie, they do not see to have many pubs in the Disney area,more like sports bars such as TGI's and Outback Steakhouse has one as well.
    The Formosa Gardens area which has Indian Creek,Rolling Hills,Oak Island Harbour and Cove and Formosa Gardens itself are a two minute drive or 10 minutes walk along a good well lit pavement/sidewalk.
    I'm sure there are other areas as well which other members will advise you of
    Eric

Hampton Lakes/Highlands Reserve, USA.. Cardiff, South Wales, UK.
    I can definitely say, we have walked to from our home in Highlands Reserve to Berry Town Center. Our home is on the border of HR and Berry Town Center so is does take less time. We have done it in just over 5 mins, but I suppose it depends on how you walk. Summer is a lot harder to do it than in the Winter with the humidity We have gone to Applebees, but there is also Sundays, Paddy's Indian and Mia Pizza etc. The walk back is a lot harder to do with a few drinks gone though.
    CERI

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the replies so far guys.

5 minutes walk is fine, as is 10 minutes walk. Anything more would probably be a little too much. I think i've been spoiled with Devenney's being right outside the gates at High Grove :-)

Quote Originally Posted by CERICROWLEY View Post
    I can definitely say, we have walked to from our home in Highlands Reserve to Berry Town Center. Our home is on the border of HR and Berry Town Center so is does take less time. We have done it in just over 5 mins, but I suppose it depends on how you walk. Summer is a lot harder to do it than in the Winter with the humidity We have gone to Applebees, but there is also Sundays, Paddy's Indian and Mia Pizza etc. The walk back is a lot harder to do with a few drinks gone though.
    It's further on the way back...

Gold 5 Star Member
    We walk every day from Highlands Reserve. From where we are it is 20 mins, but we like to walk and we don't visit in the peak times heat wise! Like Ceri says there are eat in and takeaways, Irish pub, but Applebee's is our favourite. If you stay at Highlands Reserve and don't want to walk far do check with the owners as It is a large community so would depend whereabouts you stay as to how far the walk is.

Southern Dunes has a clubhouse onsite with a bar and a restaurant
    Lynne

Florida Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynnes View Post
    Southern Dunes has a clubhouse onsite with a bar and a restaurant
    Excellent [], do you know what time it closes? Struggling to find this info online.

Super Moderator
    Not sure what time the SD clubhouse closes but you can also walk to Manny's and just have a drink at the bar. There is also a Beef O'Brady's sports bar and grill which is on the Old Polk City Road and is walkable (Left out of SD towards Manny's then right turn into Old Polk)

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CERICROWLEY View Post
    We're just across the road from Ceri at the north end of Highlands Reserve (specifically by design so that the bars and restaurants at Berry Town Centre are a few minutes walk).

The curious thing is that I always find the walk back the easier one. :-)

Maybe it's being full of something nice to eat and a couple of nice, cold Sam Adams from Applebees?

Was it Einstein who predicted that time goes quicker when your brain is running slower?
    Steve