Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alamo complaint

Florida Newbie

Alamo complaint

Does any one know the best place to write and complaint about Alamo? This comes after our holiday we have just been on and the treatment from the Alamo staff in Miami airport was dreadful, the time we had to wait to be seen and the staff once we were seen.

Gold 5 Star Member
    May I ask what the issues were? I ask because I had a problem there recently.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    If you have booked with us, then send an email to info@uscarhire.com with a note of your order number and all the details and we can take it up with Alamo on your behalf.

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadreamvilla.co.uk View Post
    If you have booked with us, then send an email to info@uscarhire.com with a note of your order number and all the details and we can take it up with Alamo on your behalf.
    I have to say, that's most excellent customer service!
    Mike

Thanks Mike . We aim to please.
    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFunVilla View Post
    I have to say, that's most excellent customer service!

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We had a (slight) issue with Alamo earlier this year.

Car (as always) booked through uscarhire.co.uk

It was sorted by Rouella (Hope I've spelt correct) within a couple of emails.

Not my fault, but it was great to be able to leave it to someone with (far) more knowledge on how car hire works.

I'm picking up tomorrow at MCO, safe in the knowledge, that "if" something happens, the backup & service from here is first class.

5 stars all round from me:-):-)
    mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    What rang a small bell with me was when the OP refers to the time the process took. A few weeks ago when I rented a car from Alamo at MIA the staff were very strictly enforcing their own rule that only the primary renter could join the queue for the desks. Even additional drivers had to stand quite a way back from the area and wait to be called forward when signatures were needed. It wasn't helped by the fact that the woman enforcing the rule was just about the rudest person they could have found for the role. No end of reasonable requests from customers to join the queue were met with a flat and abrupt refusal. It actually became a bit heated with a number of people arguing with her. In all that chaos I was glad to get it all done and be on my way and I have to say that the agent service at the desk was absolutely fine.

The only justification that I could come up with was that they don't want to appear to have a very long queue for those people who, like me, haven't always reserved in advance and in those circumstances regard the rental companies as much of a muchness renting the same cars at more or less the same rates. I could imagine that in that very large area a lot of potential renters who just want a car for a day or two would look at a long line and go to another provider in the same area.
    Last edited by Katys Grandad; 29-07-2014 at 16:24.

Just thought I'd add my recent experience with Alamo @ MIA on Monday evening.

We always sign up for the Quick Kiosk thing before we arrive and every year it's been a dream to quickly log in using their touch-screen rather than wait in line.

This year (probably the same rude lady who gave you a hard time) approached me asking:-
    "Have you booked with Virgin?" NO
    Have you got a US driving lic?" NO
    "Then you must stand in line with everyone else Maam. The machine will NOT work for you". The queue looked about 2 hours long by the way
    "But I've used the kiosk for years with no problems, I haven't heard of any changes to the system recently so I'm going to try and use them again this year and I have my confirmation from Alamo that I've already pre-signed up"
    "No way Maam. I cannot allow you to mess up our system now stand in line with everyone else" At this point, she actually got hold of my elbow and tried to move me out of the way of the kiosk.
    I was so mad with her bad attitude and lack of knowledge - it was very unprofessional
    So I choose not to start a fight(!) and simply smiled, ignored her and started my online process, which of course, WORKED FINE FOR ME!!!!
    She stood behind me the whole time, loudly tutting so it was quite satisfying to wave my completed paperwork at her once I had finished.

I don't think it's Alamo that's the problem - it would appear that this particular employee is letting Alamo down as their Front of House customer service should not be anywhere near this rude or unwelcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by Katys Grandad View Post
    What rang a small bell with me was when the OP refers to the time the process took. A few weeks ago when I rented a car from Alamo at MIA the staff were very strictly enforcing their own rule that only the primary renter could join the queue for the desks. Even additional drivers had to stand quite a way back from the area and wait to be called forward when signatures were needed. It wasn't helped by the fact that the woman enforcing the rule was just about the rudest person they could have found for the role. No end of reasonable requests from customers to join the queue were met with a flat and abrupt refusal. It actually became a bit heated with a number of people arguing with her. In all that chaos I was glad to get it all done and be on my way and I have to say that the agent service at the desk was absolutely fine.

The only justification that I could come up with was that they don't want to appear to have a very long queue for those people who, like me, haven't always reserved in advance and in those circumstances regard the rental companies as much of a muchness renting the same cars at more or less the same rates. I could imagine that in that very large area a lot of potential renters who just want a car for a day or two would look at a long line and go to another provider in the same area.

Did you get her name by any chance as I know Alamo take their customer service very seriously and would almost certainly like to know about this employee?
    Quote Originally Posted by lissybubs View Post
    I don't think it's Alamo that's the problem - it would appear that this particular employee is letting Alamo down as their Front of House customer service should not be anywhere near this rude or unwelcoming.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Sounds like the same person. I had the impression that she was some sort of supervisor because she was giving instructions to a couple of young colleagues - lucky them!