Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Showcase of Citrus Monster Truck Ride

Florida Expert

Showcase of Citrus Monster Truck Ride

Yesterday we went to Showcase of Citrus which is up Highway 27 about 5 miles north of 192. It is a citrus farm which does pick your own when fruits are in season but they do a monster truck ride all year round. It costs $25 per adult but you can find various discount coupons or they have offers on Groupon or Amazon local. The truck ride is at 10, 2, 4 or 6pm. It is good fun. We handled a snake and a spider and fed cattle, buffalo, zebra and a donkey. It makes a nice change from the theme parks.

Quote Originally Posted by chris View Post
    Yesterday we went to Showcase of Citrus which is up Highway 27 about 5 miles north of 192. It is a citrus farm which does pick your own when fruits are in season but they do a monster truck ride all year round. It costs $25 per adult but you can find various discount coupons or they have offers on Groupon or Amazon local. The truck ride is at 10, 2, 4 or 6pm. It is good fun. We handled a snake and a spider and fed cattle, buffalo, zebra and a donkey. It makes a nice change from the theme parks.
    We did that in 2012 as we always stay in the Highway 27 area as we often pop into Clermont. I have to agree it is quite good, we combined it with a trip to Lake Louisa, also very good.
    Keith

Keep saying we must give this a try but still have not got round to it. Now you have told me I have to handle a snake and a spider I will be giving it a wide berth!!!!!

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    We did it last year, got a Groupon deal.

We visit showcase every trip as we like their banana bread and ginger beer and honey, all sorts really
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    It's a good idea to do the trip early on in your holiday , then you can get one of the bags of fruit for around $10 and pick and fill as much as you can, any variety. I like to stock up on the grapefruit varieties and satsumas etc.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    This is right on our doorstep and i must say we have never giving this a go, drive past often and say next time.
    Steph that sounds like a good idea to go early and get a bunch of fresh fruit, we will have to do that next trip over.

Thanks
    Mary

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Philomena View Post
    Keep saying we must give this a try but still have not got round to it. Now you have told me I have to handle a snake and a spider I will be giving it a wide berth!!!!!

To start with I thought this sounded a great place to visit but am with you on this - am terribly snake phobic and even avoid Colchester zoo which I loved to visit since they scattered their snakes around the zoo. Does anyone know if you can still avoid the snakes?

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jill View Post
    To start with I thought this sounded a great place to visit but am with you on this - am terribly snake phobic and even avoid Colchester zoo which I loved to visit since they scattered their snakes around the zoo. Does anyone know if you can still avoid the snakes?
    We've been regularly over the last few years and never seen one.
    Babblin Boo

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    We've been regularly over the last few years and never seen one.
    Thank you for your reply - will put it back on our list of places to visit.

Gold 5 Star Member
    I don't know if they still do them but on Saturday nights they used to do a campfire, singalong type thing which looked good but could never get there.
    Babblin Boo