Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fastpass+

We have seasonal residents annual passes and haven't hadvany problems.

Andrena

Florida Chatterbox freddiehollie's Avatar
    We get Premium Annual Passes (via DVC) & never had any problems trying to book at the 60 day window.

Even if we had no holiday booked, out of curiosity I checked from home:-):-)
    mike

OK, just received my 1 Day Magic Kingdom tickets x 4 for our trip on 6th August. Never done the new Fast Pass thing before and it all sounds a bit complicated sitting here!! Can you make sure I'm going to do thing correctly please and answer my daft questions!!!

* Count back 30 days from 6th August & register for Fast Passes
    * Decide what rides we want to Fast Pass
    * Do we have 3 Fast Passes for each person?
    * If we all want to go on the same ride is that 1 Fast Pass used up for each person
    * On the day, once we've used up our allowance we can go to a kiosk and register for more Fast Passes - correct?

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Yes, each person gets up the three Fast Passes to start and you each need one for each ride. Once you've used all of them, you can go to a kiosk to get more. You can also change them at a kiosk at any time.
    Mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lissybubs View Post
    OK, just received my 1 Day Magic Kingdom tickets x 4 for our trip on 6th August. Never done the new Fast Pass thing before and it all sounds a bit complicated sitting here!! Can you make sure I'm going to do thing correctly please and answer my daft questions!!!

* Count back 30 days from 6th August & register for Fast Passes
    * Decide what rides we want to Fast Pass

Do we have 3 Fast Passes for each person?
    * If we all want to go on the same ride is that 1 Fast Pass used up for each person
    * On the day, once we've used up our allowance we can go to a kiosk and register for more Fast Passes - correct?
    Before that though you can immediately set up you account at mydiwsneyexperience.com You can do that even before you have the tickets. Then you can link the tickets to your account now that you have the numbers to put in. You can link the tickets for all of your party and then when it comes to the rides you choose the ones who want to ride on that one or "all" if everyone is doing it. That way you know you will all get the same time allocated. You dont need fastpasses for children under 3.
    If you have a smartphone or ipad etc you can change them anytime in the park as well you dont need to find a kiosk.
    Babblin Boo

Thanks Steph - If I have mydisneyexperience account set up and my park tickets but still more than 30 days away should I still register the tickets on my account now then wait for the 30 day duration to roll round then do the FastPass thing???

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Before that though you can immediately set up you account at mydiwsneyexperience.com You can do that even before you have the tickets. Then you can link the tickets to your account now that you have the numbers to put in. You can link the tickets for all of your party and then when it comes to the rides you choose the ones who want to ride on that one or "all" if everyone is doing it. That way you know you will all get the same time allocated. You dont need fastpasses for children under 3.
    If you have a smartphone or ipad etc you can change them anytime in the park as well you dont need to find a kiosk.

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    My family recently went to epcot, and tried to get pastpasses only to be told all the major rides were already gone!. This meant that although they had a park ticket, they had to wait longer than usual in the regular line as there was a constant stream of "fastpasser users" being let straight onto the ride, while they waited 90 minutes.
    They were not aware you could book so far in advance and felt annoyed that their park tickets couldnt get them any fastpasses on the only day of their disney visit.
    I think too many fastpasses are issued which makes the regular lines really long.
    Shirley

Gold 5 Star Member
    Depending on what time of day you go this can happen. If you are at the park early there are some available on the day. Are they still over there? If so I would get them to go to Guest services and tell them about their experience. They seem to be very good at either giving another days ticket or a Fastpass to o on each ride. It's better if you can do it on the day but it's worth asking.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member ShirleyCottam's Avatar
    No they got home yesterday.
    They did all the major Disney parks last time so this time got 2 week Universal, but also had a 1 day disney hopper ticket and did 3 parks in one day!
    The idea was just to do their favourite rides in eack park, but didnt have time to do everything as the regular lines were too long.

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Depending on what time of day you go this can happen. If you are at the park early there are some available on the day. Are they still over there? If so I would get them to go to Guest services and tell them about their experience. They seem to be very good at either giving another days ticket or a Fastpass to o on each ride. It's better if you can do it on the day but it's worth asking.
    Shirley

How did they not know about Fastpass plus? If bought from us they would have had instructions on how to use Fastpass plus, as we send out a ticket jacket supplied by disney with instructions and I also send an email out explaining the system. Before fastpass 90 minute plus queues were common place at pretty much all rides this time of year, often longer.

On one hand you say they issue too many fast passes then on the other your not happy that they are not available last minute. Not having a go but if the system is used properly it works really and it is not a complicated system. Interesting thing is before Fastpass we used to get weekly requests for refunds/compensation during high season (which we advise them to connect the parks direct). Since Fastpass was introduced we have not had one. So it has definitely made a positive difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ShirleyCottam View Post
    My family recently went to epcot, and tried to get pastpasses only to be told all the major rides were already gone!. This meant that although they had a park ticket, they had to wait longer than usual in the regular line as there was a constant stream of "fastpasser users" being let straight onto the ride, while they waited 90 minutes.
    They were not aware you could book so far in advance and felt annoyed that their park tickets couldnt get them any fastpasses on the only day of their disney visit.
    I think too many fastpasses are issued which makes the regular lines really long.