Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Security Checks

Florida Chatterbox

New Security Checks

Has anyone flown since these checks came in last week. I fly from Manchester in 3 weeks and was wondering what the extra checks were and what effects they were having on times, particularly from Manchester and Dublin but also from anywhere.

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Looking at the news this morning it appears they are concentrating on electronic items, particularly Apple and Android phones. They *may* ask you to switch them on to prove they work and if they don't (or have a flat battery and thus won't switch on) they will not allow you to take them onto the aircraft.

Florida Chatterbox

New Security Checks

will it be just the phones or will it include tablets. we will only have one phone between us but 2 tablets

I read it is tablets as well
    Dawn Murray

Florida Chatterbox
    Think its tablets, kindles, e-readers as well as phones.

If you cannot switch them on and off say due to flat battery they will be taken off you and you may face additional scrutiny.

I understood it to be anything electronic with a battery so that would include Ipads and laptops too.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 07-07-2014 at 14:56.
    Gerry and Sue

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Charge your electronics before leaving!
    Mike

Florida Chatterbox
    I read it to say that if you can't get your electronic item to power up you won't be allowed on the plane!
    Andy

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    I think you will be allowed on the plane, but you would be minus the said electronic item and might be subject to further questions / searching.
    Quote Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
    I read it to say that if you can't get your electronic item to power up you won't be allowed on the plane!

Passengers may be asked to turn on any powered device. If said device does not power up, then the device will not be allowed on the plane and the passenger may be given further questioning.
    I would imagine to will be the same routine - suspect passengers electronics will be screened (suspect by definition of their background checks). A random amount of passengers will be iced out for screening. If security levels are on high alert, expect a higher percentage of searches. Nothing to panic about its just an extension of what goes on already. As the bad guys get better at what they do, security has to follow.