Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Security Checks

Florida Chatterbox
    What about Sat Navs? I haven't seen or read anything about them
    Margaret

Quote Originally Posted by Margaret View Post
    What about Sat Navs? I haven't seen or read anything about them
    Margaret
    It said anything battery operated and gave shavers and cameras as an example.

Liz

Gold 5 Star Member
    I still havent seen anything that mentions childrens ones but anyone travelling with then should try not to let them use up all the batteries just in case.
    Babblin Boo

I always have our Sunpass transponder in my hand luggage as we need it on the journey from the airport. It could be difficult to explain what that is to security staff at the gate as it does not 'turn on' even although it must have some sort of battery and does look like an electrical device.

Sue
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post
    I always have our Sunpass transponder in my hand luggage as we need it on the journey from the airport. It could be difficult to explain what that is to security staff at the gate as it does not 'turn on' even although it must have some sort of battery and does look like an electrical device.

Sue
    Sue

Could you not pack it in your luggage iin an accessible place? I'm sur eit would be safe in there and save you the hassle of trying to explain? As they are not too expensive , if I were travelling I think that's what I'd do.
    Babblin Boo

Thats a good point Sue I do the same - good idea Steph.
    Dawn Murray

Gold 5 Star Member
    Our daughter has just gone the Heathrow Terminal 5 in just about 5 mins. She phoned to say she was through before we had even got back to the car park.
    Babblin Boo

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    Our daughter has just gone the Heathrow Terminal 5 in just about 5 mins. She phoned to say she was through before we had even got back to the car park.
    Hope she didn't use up her battery doing that Steph!

More seriously, I'd be interested to know if these new checks take place at the initial security point or just prior to boarding. I'd expect it to be the latter but I don't know the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Reed View Post

Sue
    Dagnammit, I didn't think of that. Might have to go with Steph's suggestion.
    Tony G

Florida Chatterbox

New Security Checks

concerned about sat nav now. never thought about that. my tom tom has a non changeable battery and is quite old. I only ever use it on power in the car nowadays as even after a full charge I only get 5 to 10 mins before the battery waning symbol comes on.