Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aldi

Aldi

About 12 months ago I finally overcame my supermarket snobbery and started to shop regularly at Aldi ( eat your heart out Katie Hopkins![]) and have cut my shopping bill by a about a third, I now only go to one of the big 3 for specific items I can't buy at Aldi.

i have just returned from my weekly shop and they have a big 4th July promotion on with lots of US themed items which prompted me to ask the question; has anybody shopped at Aldi in Kissimmee and if so what are your thoughts on prices and what's available?

We only noticed it was there the day before we came home on our last trip but wondered if it was worth a visit?

Liz

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    We went to the one on the H27 a couple of days before coming home so did not really buy anything, we were checking it out as not noticed it before.
    It seems much the same as UK. Prices we looked at were very good we will be going at the beginning of our next trip so we can shop and compare properly.

Mary

I've only ever visited in the UK to pick up some non-food bargains.

My US realtor swore by the place. She says it's the only place to get decent chocolate in Florida!
    Tony G

Florida Chatterbox DisneyFunVilla's Avatar
    Hmmmmm.... Decent chocolate, I think, can found in Epcot's Germany.
    Mike

Gold 5 Star Member
    We did the same and checked out the one on Hway 27 (north towards Clermont, there is one at or near Southern Dunes as well . We found that they had some really good deals on it would be best to go at the bgeinning of the trip. I do a lot of mine aT Aldi at home now as I pass it on the way home from work.
    It's good to try new things and there are always a lot on offer. Things you wouldnt expect like Manuka honey which is about £10.99 in Sainsbury is only £4.99 for the same size makes a big difference to the shopping basket. We also get bits in Dollar tree such as codiments which we know we wont use all of etc
    Babblin Boo

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    We did the same and checked out the one on Hway 27 (north towards Clermont, there is one at or near Southern Dunes as well . We found that they had some really good deals on it would be best to go at the bgeinning of the trip. I do a lot of mine aT Aldi at home now as I pass it on the way home from work.
    It's good to try new things and there are always a lot on offer. Things you wouldnt expect like Manuka honey which is about £10.99 in Sainsbury is only £4.99 for the same size makes a big difference to the shopping basket. We also get bits in Dollar tree such as codiments which we know we wont use all of etc
    Thanks for the tip on Manuka Honey i must have missed that in our local Aldi i am paying 12.99 a jar at the moment. It works well for me so worth paying.
    We went to the Clermont Aldi and agree you do need to go at the beginning of your trip as some of the bargains are large packs.

Mary

Gold 5 Star Member
    No problem Mary, it's next to the hot chocolate and coffee in our local Aldi, that is UMF 10+ they have 5+ for £3.99 and sometimes get 15+ for £5.99 which is really good value as you can't get it in H&B under about £18.99
    Babblin Boo

We use the one near Southern Dunes - very good value on everything they stock as it is here in the UK. And I have to agree about the chocolate - much better then the usual stuff! Prefer Aldi's cereal too as it is not as sweet as the cereal we end up with from the other supermarkets. It is very popular with the locals.

Thanks for the replies, didn't realize there was one near SD but will definitely check it out on our next trip.

Liz

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Quote Originally Posted by E. Cosgrove View Post
    Thanks for the replies, didn't realize there was one near SD but will definitely check it out on our next trip.
    I think its between SD and Manny's
    Christine