Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thought process #friedbrain cells

Florida Newbie

Thought process #friedbrain cells

Ok guys help on some ticket planning please.....here it goes

going to Florida next year 21 days, plan is do the parks thing for 2 weeks then shopping and do nothing the the last week, ie recovery time! I will have 13 year old and 6 year, so age gap could be difficult with the rides

was thinking of getting the 6 day disney parks ticket, and then 14 day ticket for the universal parks and discovery cove (my son is going to be 7, so dc is birthday pressie). We can do disney parks from the day after we get there. Then the rest.....

Gonna leave out aquatica and only do seaworld and Busch gardens. I think seaworld has some water slides? Want to enjoy the parks but I don't want to over do it and get too exhausted.

do you think 6 days for the parks is enough? All comments welcome!

thanks in advance
    Last edited by Yel74; 06-06-2014 at 23:40.

As far as I know, sea world does not have water slides but does have some rides.

Personally I would space things out a bit ie go to parks on alternate days rather than all in the first two weeks and then a week off. You could get a Disney 14 day ticket for the first two weeks and do two days ( you can get a two/three day ticket) at universal in the last week, fitting Discovery cove etc around these. Disney has four parks, say a day each, + two water parks, and needs more time than universal's two parks. Also, if you have a 14 day ticket for Disney, you wont feel you are wasting a day if you just go for half a day - maybe the evening for the fireworks. MK, Hollywood and epcot all have very different fireworks. A full day from early morning until late evening is really hard on the feet etc and it is really hot in mid summer (not sure when you are going). Also make use of the fast pass system to book three Disney rides a day on line, well in advance (up to thirty days) as this will save time in the parks.
    I think you will find a park every day for the first two weeks just too much. Also you do need to allow for a rainy day etc when shopping might be a better choice than a park.

Sue
    Last edited by Gerry Reed; 07-06-2014 at 06:39.
    Gerry and Sue

Gold 5 Star Member
    I was going to suggest the same regarding leaving the last week for catch up. If youu space it out and take days out here and there to relax at your villa /shop etc. it will recharge the batteries. If you are doing DC then you will also have the option of a 7 day ticket to either Sea World, Busch Gardens or both. You do'nt have to wait till you have doen youur swim to collect this, say for example you are going on day 10 of the holiday to DC, you could pick up the ticket for Sea World on day day 6 and have 4 days before and 3 after to do Sea World/Busch Gardens depending on your option.

If you did as suggested and do Disney from day 2 that would give you cover till day 16 to use your days, if you say got your Universal ticket and started to use that after day 7 then you could effectively cover all 21 days with a ticket option and use them how it suits according to how tired everyone is, weather etc.
    It sounds like a good mix and pretty much what I have suggested to my relatives who are going, albeit with just 4 Disney days but they have only an 18 year old going, with a younger one then I think they will enjoy as much at Disney as Universal.
    Babblin Boo

Florida Expert
    Definitely spread out the parks days. It is very tiring going round parks and it's amazing how many parents you see shouting at tired children, who just need a bit of time out. Get there for opening time (or a little before) as queues build steadily. We often take a break back to the villa or hotel for a couple of hours around lunchtime and then go back for the parades and the fireworks. If doing DC you automatically get the seaworld/busch gardens. Personally Seaworld is my favourite park. It is so totally different to the other parks and makes a nice change. I don't like Busch gardens as it takes a long time to get there and I dont like coasters so has no extra appeal that I cant get elsewhere. Consider getting non-expiry Disney hopper passes as that way if you dont use up your days you can always go back another year. They literally never expire so 10 years later you can still use them and they will exchange for free children ones to adult ones as the kids grow up. We went for the first time (our one and only trip to Orlando or so we thought) in 1999 and fell in love with the place, bought our villa in 2000 and have been every year since!

Gold 5 Star Member
    With the new Disney Fastpass+ it makes it so much easier to split the days and still get onto your preferred rides in the later afternoon/evening. Only disadvantage to that is if you have more than 3 must rides the you cant get another fastpass till you have used the 3 but it certainly does work well to prebook your favourites especially the Frozen princesses which the line can be as much as 4/5 hours we have heard.
    Babblin Boo

I am with the others on this one, I would spread everything out over the three weeks rather than a frenetic 2weeks and a relaxing third week, although this would work if you were going to move on to say the gulf coast for the last week.
    the kids will get theme park withdrawal if you try to keep them totally away from the parks the last week, and as has been pointed out, with your DC ticket you get a full weeks free entry to Seaworld and Aquatica included - Busch Gardens as well if you upgrade your ticket!
    Three weeks gives you plenty of time to relax, alternate theme park days with water parks and days by the pool.
    you don't say if you are staying in a villa or in hotel accommodation but to my mind if you are there for three weeks and want to relax a villa is a must!

oh, and don't forget the shopping!!![msnsmile2]
    Last edited by E. Cosgrove; 07-06-2014 at 14:13.

Liz

Westbury,Davenport,Florida.& Hemel Hempstead
    Sea World has happy harbour which includes play areas with some small water slides. This will be a great area for your 6 year old but I don't think the 13 year old will enjoy it that much.
    Maybe the family could split up, the older one does Kraken and Manta whilst your younger child (probably not big enough for the thrill rides) plays at happy harbout
    Christine

Florida Newbie
    Thanks so much everyone, such good advice. Love this forum!!!
    There is so much to think of, I didn't think of park withdrawal, that's so true!!! We are going from end of July for 3 weeks staying at a villa from this site
    I didn't realise that I would need more time at disney than at universal. So maybe I should look at doing 14 day disney ticket and then discovery cove. Do u think that 3/4 days is enough for universal?
    thanks in advance again [msnembarrased]

Quote Originally Posted by Yel74 View Post
    Thanks so much everyone, such good advice. Love this forum!!!
    There is so much to think of, I didn't think of park withdrawal, that's so true!!! We are going from end of July for 3 weeks staying at a villa from this site
    I didn't realise that I would need more time at disney than at universal. So maybe I should look at doing 14 day disney ticket and then discovery cove. Do u think that 3/4 days is enough for universal?
    thanks in advance again [msnembarrased]
    Don't think you will need anything like 3 or 4 days in Universal/Islands of Advantage. You should easily do both Parks in 2 days including Harry Potter.

I agree, one day for I of A and a second for Universal - although now the parks are linked via Harry Potter you will need the type of ticket that allows you to do both parks in the same day in order to do all the Harry Potter rides. I am not sure but that may be the only type available now - someone else will know for sure !

Sue
    Gerry and Sue