Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Halifax clarity credit card

Florida Chatterbox

Halifax clarity credit card

well Halifax have been on to me today and the good news is they do still show on statements all the transaction and rate details for a foreign transaction despite being told different by their CS agent yesterday. The bad news is the reason it did not show on my statement is that the hire company did the conversion at a rate preferential to them and charged my card in pounds.

I pointed out to the guy that the hire firm should not have done that without my permission and he said he could not comment on that but did say that when companies do that abroad they are entitled to use the buying rate as opposed to the selling rate.(or was it other way) either way it cost me around 30 pounds more.

Then came the nice suprise when he said as an apology for his agent giving duff info he was giving me 30 quid plus 5 to cover my phone calls. This still leaves me free to challenge the car hire firm although I won't hold my breath.

Florida Chatterbox
    We have one of these and also the Post Office master card which shows the foreign currency the rate of exchange and has no fees - just as we expected from Halifax - like you say the rate is generally better and we got 1.68 most of our trip at Easter, far better and you can track your spending and have receipt for anything major i.e. if you buy a camera which then breaks or gets lost it is an itemised receipt as well as having your till receipt. I much prefer this and use that then my Suntrust debit card for anything for the villa. I wouldn't consider a card that charges a fee for paying in fx.