Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Additional driver confusion

Florida Newbie

Additional driver confusion

Hi,

I have emailed info@uscarhire twice now with no response so thought I would try and get a answer here!!

I have signed up for Alamo save time, but when filling form in I entered all my details, then added my wife as additional driver, as I took the gold package with additional driver included, the problem is when I got the confirmation email it stated the additional driver was to be charged at $9.99 per day,so I amended it and took her details off,
    Should I be filling the additional drivers details in and assume the $9.99 is actually included, or is adding the details not actually required?

many thanks

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    We always reply really quickly to emails but it's a bank holiday today in the UK and USA so we maybe slightly slower at getting back to people. I'll make sure Roulla sees this post so she knows you've asked here too.

i assume you checked your Spam folder just in case her reply went there for some reason?

Florida Newbie
    Hi

Thanks for the reply,

I actually emailed about 2 weeks ago, then again about a week ago, and i checked my spam bin as a lot if things do end up in there!
    Sorry, dont mean to moan! I have used you for last 10 years with no probs!

Thanks

If no-one minds I'll chip in here.....
    I also did Alamo Save Time on-line and had booked the Gold package so knew my additional driver was included, price-wise. As mentioned above when I entered my daughter's details it stated that she would be charged at $9.99/day. I decided I would have this row at the desk in Orlando if necessary, but was fairly sure it would not result in a charge having successfully added additional drivers using US Car Hire's Gold package on previous occasions.
    When I arrived at Orlando International the hire documents did list my additional driver at $9.99/day, total $0.00, so it WAS included but was still itemised.
    On returning the car (bus) two weeks later I was relieved to be handed a slip with a balance to pay of $0.00, so I can confirm that the Gold package does what is says on the tin.
    Dave.

Florida Junior
    Same thing happened to me, here is a copy of the email..

I can confirm that you have booked Gold Inclusive, which includes four drivers.
    Please ignore the Save Time charge for the additional driver as Gold Inclusive is not available to all agents.

Kind Regards,
    Roulla Dicarlo
    So there you go, no worries.

Hope this helps.

Don.