Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: BA and Avios points.

BA and Avios points.

If you are a BA flyer and are in the executive club:

You can top up your Avios points by converting your Tesco Clubcard (TCC) points, and Shell Drivers Club (SDC) points into Avios.

TCC's always seemed pretty pointless and barely worth the bother until I found out I could do this, it makes them massively more valuable than just getting vouchers for your shop.

Same with Shell, I work in Staines but live in Stourbridge in the Midlands so my diesel consumption is quite high and this is making a big contribution to my Avios total. You can opt to transfer TCC and SDC points automatically, they magically appear in your Avios account some time later.

Not everyone's bag, but I thought I'd mention it in case anyone was unaware.

Cheers,

Paul.

Yup, I've converted my shell driver's club point to Avios for some time now - certainly does add up eventually.
    Tony G

That's how I get my free flights - just by shopping at Tesco!!!

Me too and I have a BA Amex card so get points when I pay for my flights with it, even if I'm no flying BA.

andrena

Unfortunately as I am tied to school holidays at the moment I can never seem to use my Avios/BA Exec points (never any availability), unless I am missing a trick?
    Dawn Murray

Using them to get free flights isn't the best way to use them anyway Dawn, it's very poor value for money (and as you said free seats have limited availability). It' much better value to use them to upgrade a class, and I think WTP to Club is the best value of all.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    Using them to get free flights isn't the best way to use them anyway Dawn, it's very poor value for money (and as you said free seats have limited availability). It' much better value to use them to upgrade a class, and I think WTP to Club is the best value of all.
    I agree but it's important to remember that the upgrades and award seats come from the same pot. In other words, if there isn't an award in the class you want then there won't be an upgrade available either.

BTW, If you're spending a lot on fuel there are much better ways to collect Avios from that than Shell Drivers Club.

I'm all ears....

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Macka View Post
    I'm all ears....
    I'm in Chicago at the moment but I'll gladly DM you next week when I'm back.

Fancy sending a copy of that DM over this way?
    Tony G