Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flights via travel agent

Florida Newbie

Flights via travel agent

Just some advice....
    we want to fly virgin, and I understand that the flights are not out yet but there are agents selling them. Company called ocean holidays have them for sale, is it worth sorting the flights from now for July 2015, and booking the car and tickets seperately. Peace of mind or over eager [msntongue]

Thanks in advance

My view. No. you'll pay over the odds.

There are a lot of people who use that company on another forum I am on. I have no idea whether you will pay more or less and until Virgin release the dates there is absolutely no way of telling. It has to be your decision and if you are happy with what Ocean are charging, then you have your answer.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for the reply! Think I will wait, patience is a virtue and all that......

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Yel74 View Post
    Just some advice....
    we want to fly virgin, and I understand that the flights are not out yet but there are agents selling them. Company called ocean holidays have them for sale, is it worth sorting the flights from now for July 2015, and booking the car and tickets seperately. Peace of mind or over eager [msntongue]

Thanks in advance
    Charter Travel who have a link at the top, also have flights available because they have an allocation with Virgin because they do such good volume with them. If you are going at peak times, then flights dont generally get any cheaper as the seats sell. If you can go off season then you can sometimies get good deals in the sales.
    Babblin Boo

Romford, UK & Highgate Park, Davenport, Florida
    Virgin Holidays have flights available for then so you could have a look there - you have to do a Flydrive though so the car will also be included
    Sandra

Gold 5 Star Member
    The other good thing we find using someone like Charter is that you can often pay a deposit (balance usually about 3 months before) rather than the whole amount at once as you do with the airlines. If you are booking a year out for example, for a family of 5 then you could easily have to pay out 4-5K at peak times and have that money tied up for a year and then if you need to cancel or change for whatever reason you are reliant on getting it back from the insurance company so you have to make sure you have insurance as well when you get the flights to be fully covered.
    Last edited by steph_goodrum; 15-05-2014 at 10:36.
    Babblin Boo

Site Owner and Admin floridadreamvilla.co.uk's Avatar
    Bolas Heath, Shropshire, UK and Crescent Lakes, Kissimmee, USA.
    Or you could book the car with us at www.uscarhire.com, pay the deposit only as mentioned below and save even more money over travel agents prices .

A travel agent might claim you also have to take their car hire to get the prices for the flights but this is not always true and there are quite a few other ways they can do it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    The other good thing we find using someone like Charter is that if you book the car as well then you pay a deposit (balance usually about 3 months before) rather than the whole amount at once as you do with the airlines. If you are booking a year out for example, for a family of 5 then you could easily have to pay out 4-5K at peak times and have that money tied up for a year and then if you need to cancel or change for whatever reason you are reliant on getting it back from the insurance company so you have to make sure you have insurance as well when you get the flights to be fully covered.

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by steph_goodrum View Post
    The other good thing we find using someone like Charter is that if you book the car as well then you pay a deposit (balance usually about 3 months before) rather than the whole amount at once as you do with the airlines. If you are booking a year out for example, for a family of 5 then you could easily have to pay out 4-5K at peak times and have that money tied up for a year and then if you need to cancel or change for whatever reason you are reliant on getting it back from the insurance company so you have to make sure you have insurance as well when you get the flights to be fully covered.
    Steph

Thats what we thought also but last time we tried to use Charter travel they wanted full payment at time of booking 11 months in advance so no benefit using them as I could book it cheaper online. However we recently did book direct with BA and car hire included at a very good deal and I thought we had to pay up front but it was a deposit with balance due about 3 months before travel . Only drawback is not using uscarhire for the car which we have always done previously
    Lesley

Well, I've been booking flights, car hire and villa's to Florida for the past 33 years and I can say with some certainty that:
    1. booking direct with Airlines (during a sale) is thecheapest way of getting a flight:
    2. Booking car Hire via US car Hire is the cheapest way of booking a car (and by far the best service)
    3. Booking Villa's through this site is the cheapest way of booking your accommodation (and the best service)

Simples!