Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hi newbie alert!!!!

Welcome to the forum, hope you have lots of fun planning your holiday, you can set a count down clock on this site some thing I always do, it's surprising how quickly time flies. The villa owners will answer any questions you may have, the first time we booked a villa from this site I had a long chat with George who put my mind at rest with any doubts I had that the villa wouldn't be as advertised. We also book our car hire and park tickets from this site, I haven't found better or cheaper anywhere else. Personally I love the trip reports, I have got some many handy hints and tips from reading these. Any questions, just post, there is usually someone about who can help. Have fun with your preparations.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all the replies, feeling very welcome. Not too early for the countdown then! I have found the villa on this site! I've been told that virgin flights are not out yet? Also a south facing pool, is that sunshine all day? One more question, will we need spa heat for July ?
    thanks in advance!!

Welcome to the forums!

I applaud your decision to plan yourself. I've not managed to book a package anything since I discovered this site. Definitely buy your park tickets as soon as you can, they will only ever go up, especially with all the new attractions due this summer.

If you have any other questions, as others have said, you've come to the right place.
    Tony G

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Yel74 View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, feeling very welcome. Not too early for the countdown then! I have found the villa on this site! I've been told that virgin flights are not out yet? Also a south facing pool, is that sunshine all day? One more question, will we need spa heat for July ?
    thanks in advance!!
    With any pool you have to remember that Florida is much near the tropic line than here so the sun sits in a different position in the sky. As to a south facing pool being in the sun all day it will depend on what is nearby to cast a shadow.

Flights become available from airlines like Virgin and BA around 11 months ahead of the flight dates. So the return date will fix the time that you can book the whole trip. If you get your flights from the company already mentioned then they can put the outbound flight on hold while they wait for the inbound to become available. If you do it this way then you can be sure of getting the flights and dates that you want.

A South or South-West facing pool will tend to mean that you have sun on the pool from around 10:00am until sunset. However you will have contact with the owner so a direct question is the best way to go for this subject.

You will always need heat for a spa to really have its full effect. Even if it is one that is connect to the pool it will only be a pool temperature unless you have the extra heat option.

Dave
    Dave Lewis

Florida Newbie
    Thanks for all comments everyone, I am so chuffed I found this site. It is very exciting to plan yourself, yes it is easier to just book with an agent but not as enjoyable!
    my next mission on the list I think is to sort out the park tickets! then move on to the car hire.
    So the park tickets? I will have a 13 year old daughter and a 6 year old son who will turn 7 when we are out there. I only want to do about 2 weeks park max. Any must do or any that we can do without, I am open to any ideas
    thanks in advance

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Dave, I have picked up some really good points already! I can't get enough of it all [msnsmile]

Florida Newbie
    Thank Sue!

Florida Newbie
    Thanks Sarah, after reading through some things on this forum, I found the courage to take the plunge in planning myself!

Florida Newbie
    I think I will asking all the through to just before we go next July! Cheers....