Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Treasure Island

Florida Newbie

Treasure Island

Hi folks, I'm travelling with my wife to Florida from Aug. 23 to Sept 9, I,ve already secure my stay until Sep 1 in Ashley Manor with Val Knights, we are looking for a condo/bungalow in the beach. This is my first visit to the gulf área, and I'm a little confused about the offer in that area. I've heard that Treasure Island is beautiful. Any advice? I' m open to suggestions even in other places. Thanks a lot!

Florida Chatterbox mary and colin's Avatar
    We stayed at Treasure Island last November for 5 nights it was wonderful. The beach was so beautiful to walk along and we were so amazed to be swimming in the sea in November. We booked a condo right on the beach with the balcony facing the sea so when we woke up the view was breathtaking. In the evening we sat on the balcony and watched the sun set. Amazing.
    We found Treasure Island a great mid way point to stay as we could walk miles along the beach to ST. Johns pass i think it was called lovely little shops there and plenty of places to eat. We took a day out to Anna Marie Island which was an hours drive away, another beautiful beach. St Pete's beach was close by. Had a trip to a Christmas shop one day.
    Depends what you are looking to do as villa owners we tend to spend our vacation working best part of it, we had guests staying in November so treated ourselves to a real Florida vacation best thing we ever did just chilling out and seeing the amazing beaches and parts of the gulf coast.
    What really finished our trip of was seeing dolphins swim by on our last morning, to late to film it or get photos but a memory that will be with us forever.
    Hope that helps a little

Mary

Hi,

welcome to the forum. We have yet to try Treasure Island, but have stayed on both Sanibel Island and Siesta Key. We have also visited Captive Island, and Anna Maria Island. We found then all lovely and the beaches beautiful. What are you looking for on your holiday? We found Siesta Key had quite a good night life, where as Sanibel was very peaceful with a very relaxed vibe. We would quite happily go back to stay on any of them.

Diane.
    Diane.

Florida Newbie
    Diane, personally i´m not a big fan of the beach, but my wife is, so... We are going to the beach! . Anyway, we are looking for a quiet place, maybe with a couple of restaurants. We are mainly looking for somewhere peaceful; we haven´t had a hollyday in one and a half year, and we are going directrly form Disney, so we want relax!
    As I was telling, since this is my first trip to the gulf, and we are "newbies", I like to see my options in places and accomodations (condo/villa/bungalow). We are a little tired of hotel rooms. If You have reccomendations about this this will be very appreciated.
    Cheers