Orlando Villas · Florida Dream Villa
Orlando Park Tickets · Florida Car Hire · US Domestic Car Rental · Florida Car Rental · Enhanced Roadside Assistance

Thread: Flower Power Concert Series Schedule For Your Info

Flower Power Concert Series Schedule For Your Info

Whilst at EPCOT yesterday was disappointed to find out we'd missed out on a Village People concert by a couple of days. This photo is the schedule for the series. The performances are in USA in the World Showcase. Hope this is of use to someone.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Florida_2014 - 813.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	927

Would have loved to heard Go West "live"
    Dave.

Had to laugh at this Dave, sorry, never heard anyone being gutted about missing a Village people concert before. . Anyway, I've composed myself now. Ahem. I originally thought they wouldn't all be original artists, so Googled chubby checker to find he's still alive at 72. Sorry Chubby. (He is chubby too, like my good self). I missed the last ever Eagles concert at Fort Lauderdale about 30 years ago so I know how you feel. (How was I to know there' be a dozen reforms)?

We went to see the original Eagles in Tampa - it wasn't 30 years ago - it was about 8-12 years ago. Sometimes these 'last ever' concerts decide to make a comeback!!

Saw the Eagles on the same tour in in the South of Florida (venue escapes me). Tons of old bands doing the circuit again these days. Few are worthy of it but one or two are as good if not better than the first time around. Both Disney and Universal have some great acts on every now and then. Mardi Gra usually has a good line up.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJ View Post
    We went to see the original Eagles in Tampa - it wasn't 30 years ago - it was about 8-12 years ago. Sometimes these 'last ever' concerts decide to make a comeback!!
    Last edited by florida4sun; 18-04-2014 at 12:22.

This is the picture of Chubby Checker on the Epcot website. Looking good for 72! Do you think this may be an old photo?
    Dave.

I don't look that good now at 52....

Gold 5 Star Member
    Quote Originally Posted by florida4sun View Post
    Saw the Eagles on the same tour in in the South of Florida (venue escapes me). Tons of old bands doing the circuit again these days. Few are worthy of it but one or two are as good if not better than the first time around. Both Disney and Universal have some great acts on every now and then. Mardi Gra usually has a good line up.
    I think the thing is when many of these bands were doing the circuits their payments etc and royalties didnt bring them in half as much as they do now so they are "topping up " their pensions
    Babblin Boo

It's a miracle the Eagles get back together at all. I saw a TV programme recently with a producer who was asked who were the most difficult act to work with, he didn't hesitate. "The Eagles". Apparently they hate the sight of each other.